Great Minds Think Alike

7:00 I read from my clock. I apply my make up and put on my outfit that I bought earlier. Painting my nails a dark red color as my hair dries. After all of my finish touches are done, I look at my clock; 7:39. Perfect. Just then I hear my door bell ring. I grab my bag and head down stairs.

"Hey Lyds," He pauses and looks at me, really looks at me, "You look amazing." A big dorky grin spreads across his face. Oh how I've missed that grin, I barely see it anymore.

"Thank you, Stiles so do you." He's wearing a star wars shirt that says may the force be with you, as well. With a plaid shirt over it and some faded jeans. "I guess two great minds think alike."

He laughs and nods, "Well we might as well get going." And with that he put out his arm and we headed off to Scotts house. He helped me into his jeep and ran back around to his side. We ride in complete silence until I hear Stiles clear his throat.

"Sooo, I broke up with Malia," A brief pause, "Ever since Isaac came back she's been acting different. Turns out she was cheating on me. Which is fine I mean she doesn't really know any better and they're good for each other. I suppose I should've seen it coming."

Wow that's a lot to take in at once, so Isaac and Malia huh? I can see it. They'd make a really cute couple but poor Stiles. I grab his free hand reluctantly, he intertwines his fingers with mine. "I'm sorry Stiles. I'm here for you." He looks over at me with his dough eyes and gives me one of his sad but happy smiles.

"Thank you Lyds, I've missed you so much." And I've missed him too, more than anything to be honest. I mean I don't expect us to start dating right away or anything but just to have him back in my life is the best news I've had in a while. "I'm so sorry about how I've treated you the past few weeks, I hope I can make it up to you." With that he kissed my hand softly and my cheeks turned a bright red.

"It's okay, really. I understand, I'm just happy to have you back." Our eyes meet almost immediately and I have to look away because I'd stay like that forever if I could. His eyes stay on me for some time and it takes everything in me to not blush.

"So do you want to go out to eat real fast?" I'm about to say how scott said they'd have food when he says, "I mean there's gonna be food there but Scott has a terrible choice in pizza places. He always chooses the one with the shitty pizza and burnt breadsticks." This was extremely true, before everything happened Allison and Scott and Stiles and I used to have movie nights and the food always sucked.

"Yeah! We should go to umm where's that place we always used to eat.." I sit there trying to think of the name but they have the best food. Their chicken is always perfect and their ranch is a+.

"Oh god, um, the little diner at the corner of West Boulevard?"

"Yes that one! I love that place." I smile at the old memories of eating there with him late at night.

"So do I!" Great minds think alike I think to myself once again. "Remember that time when the waiter asked what you wanted and I said chicken strips and you freaked out because it was embarrassing but it's what you wanted? You were just embarrassed because I said it and the waiter laughed and called us a cute couple, even though we weren't dating? Then we both laughed until our food came and she gave us a free cake because we reminded her of her and her husband when they were young."

This night was one of the nights where Malia didn't go over to his house and I was having bad dreams, and so was he so we went out to eat. These nights used to happen all of the time and they were my favorites. We both laughed at the memory as we pulled up to our favorite diner from the stories.

He comes to my side and helps me out. "M'lady." This makes me burst out laughing again, I haven't been this happy in forever. I grab his hand and run into the two doors with him behind me, just like old times. We sit where we always used to sit, in the corner filled with windows and a booth that makes it so we fit snug. It's perfect.

"It's my two favorite people; I haven't seen you two in a while." Julie, the waiter that the story was about earlier, appeared smiling. We both order the chicken strip meal, holding each other's hands under the table the whole time. At a point I lean my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, never wanting this feeling to go away.

Our food appears in about 10 minutes and we reminisce about the past.

"Remember the time when we-"

"Stayed up all night laughing and telling stories from the past?"

"Yes, how'd you know?" He says quickly but already knows the answer.

"Great minds think alike." We say in unison.

Our conversations used to always be like this, one knowing what the other is about to say without them saying it. I missed this so much, but I could get used to it again.