I'm Not Okay

The sound of leaves crinkling under my feet is all I can hear. Crisp early morning air sends goosebumps down my body. My hair stands up on the back of my neck after I hear a twig snap in the distance.

"Hello?" the sound of my voice much quieter then I anticipated. I clear my throat and try again.

"Is anyone there?" Still quiet, I sigh and decide to sit down on a tree that was knocked down.

"Lydia?" A faint voice yells in the distance, gaining my attention. It came from a young male, probably in his teens. I stand up and look around trying to find the source of the voice. Walking forward, I see a familiar figure up ahead.

Suddenly I feel paralyzed, a foreign feeling that makes my goosebumps reappear. Birds chirp on trees feeding their babies and making sure they are safe before returning their hunt. The sun is rising in the sky, but it's still slightly dark. And then I see another figure appear next to the boy, this one smaller, more feminine.

"Lydia, it's us!" The girl screeches not being able to move any closer. I look down noticing that my feet are stuck to the ground, disabling me from moving.

"I can't move!" I try to yell back, but once again it only comes out as a faint whisper.

The two figures start running towards me and I notice it's Stiles and Allison. Then they disappear, if the tracks in the mud weren't there I wouldn't be able to find a trace of my friends. I pull my foot up with a force, and end up falling in the mud now able to walk.

"Ally? Stiles? Where'd you guys go?" The clothes that are sticking to my small frame are dripping with sweat. Suddenly I hear the sound of somebody hyperventilating in the tree above me. I look up and notice Stiles sitting on a thin branch with a terrified look plastered across his distinct features.

"Lydia, run!" He chokes out, barely being able to catch his breath he just lost in his statement. Turning around abruptly I notice someone, or rather something running at me. I turn on my feet and run the other way, sprinting as if my life depends on it.

I feel a shooting pain in my leg, sending me to the ground. There's an arrow in my leg, fairly deep. I scream one of my infamous wails.

"Lydia? Oh my god!" Allison slides by my side, tears streaming down her face. "I'm so sorry, I-I didn't mean to.." she stopped mid sentence as if she forgot her train of thought.

"It's okay..I'm fine." I sit up a bit only for her to push me back down.

"Listen, Stiles didn't make it. I don't want you to see him, it's pretty terrible." She squints another tear rolling down her cheeks.

"Did you-" She shushes me with her index finger, like someone is listening. Getting up she tells me to stay where I am and then she's gone once again. It starts pouring rain and I think about how this makes no sense. Looking down at my wound, I notice it's gone and I stand up.

Feeling the need to flee, I start running again. The rain becoming more violent as I pass through the woods.

"Lydia?!" I hear a voice in the distance and it feels like the earth is shaking, stopping me in my tracks. "Lydia!" I look around and notice nothing there, then I see another arrow coming at me. I try to dodge it but it hits my shoulder, sending me to the ground once again.

I sit up abruptly, my long locks plastered to my face. My breathing is heavy and I'm not sure where I am. I hear a buzzing, which causes me to look around. Oh my phone is vibrating.

"Hello?" My voice is hoarse and my throat is burning causing me to cough immediately. I felt fine when I fell asleep, which I don't remember falling asleep. I don't even remember walking into my house.

"Lydia? Where have you been? Why haven't you been answering my texts or my calls? Are you okay?" A worried Stiles trips over every word that escapes his mouth.

"Yeah, um I'm fine I think.." I get up and walk downstairs to the kitchen, getting a cup of water.

"Why didn't you come at lunch?" Oh my god I fell asleep when I was supposed to go on a sorta date with Stiles. I remove the phone from my ear and look at the time. 2:42 AM.

"Stiles I'm so sorry. I fell asleep, without even realizing I fell asleep. Honestly it felt so real, I don't even know if this is real." I gulp down a cup of water, like I can never get enough.

"Hey, hey it's okay." His voice less alert and more soothing than before. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"I don't think I am." My voice trails off, and I notice a light that is coming from outside. I walk to the front door and look outside one of the windows that align the front of my house. A figure is standing outside my window and I shut the curtain and run back to the kitchen.

"I think there's someone outside of my house, Stiles." My voice falters, and my breathing becomes faster.

"What who?" He asks, the alertness returning.

"I-I don't know, but he's just standing there." The line then goes dead and I look at my phone with a confused and worried look. "Shit." I say aloud to myself.

-------------------
I dedicate this chapter to one of my most dearest friends, Kaylen (weirdpessimistprime) she totally helped me out with this idea and I couldn't thank her enough.

You gotta read her new story, Angst and Antagonism it's perfect.

Thank you guys so so much for 1K reads! I never thought that many people would read my silly story. I love you all so much, thanks for sticking around. (:

xoxo, em.