Colorado Sweethearts

Katniss P.O.V.

"The room is so big!" I say as I plop onto the huge white bed, breathing into the covers.
" I paid enough for it..." Peeta says unpacking his stuff into the drawers.
"How long are we staying?" I ask still sniffing the scent of the vanilla scented pillow.
"A weekend, only because I have a meeting here and I had to make it up to y- err... Never mind."
I ignore his affection for me, but show him I noticed it with a smirk.
He blushes, a sweet warmth rushes through me, a feeling only he gives.
I quickly rush out to the balcony, the view is breath taking. Peeta walks out and I can smell his cologne and it smells just like a bakery, like always.
"We have to buy you clothes, have you been wearing the same clothes all this time?"
"Well, what do you expect me to wear, my birthday suit? Sorry, butt naked isn't the way I roll."
"And that's exactly why we are buying you clothes, not because you don't have any, but we don't want people getting suspicious now do we?" He replies hasty while counting his money.
We walk out of the apartment and a very tall man comes running through the halls.
"Watch out, PASSING THROUGH!"
Peeta looks up from his money and his eyes light up.
"Finnick?" Peeta asked.
The man comes towards Peeta,
"Hey! How has life been to you brother?!" The mysterious man asked.
They continue to talk and I stay silent for a few minutes.
"Oh Katniss, this is Finnick, he's been my best friend since we were young and he works in the industry too."
"Of course." I say rolling my eyes.
We go into the elevator and they continue to talk until we get to the car.
"Oh, you wanna come with us to the mall, we can chug some soda and i bet i can beat you at it.
"Your on."
This car ride is going to be VERY boring indeed.

After car ride...

"...and that's what happened to sniffles." Finnick finally finishes.
"Oh, that sucks..." Peeta says sadly.
"I'm gonna go into JC Penny, let's GO!" I say as I drag Peeta inside.
Finnick follows in, then suddenly stops dead in his tracks.
He stares a cashier at the register and blabbers uncontrollably.
"Do you kn-know her n-name?" Finnick asks.
"No. Of course not, But want me to ask?" I volunteer.
"Y-yes. Please."he says dreamily.
I walk over and read her name tag.
Annie.
"May I help you?" She asks with a smile.
I thought for a second and had the perfect idea to get Finnick off Peeta's back. Not that I was jealous, I mean, how juvenile would that be? Just so I can have him to buy me clothes.
"Why yes, you can help me, you see that hunk right there?"I point and Finnick panics, then looks away.
"Yes, I see." She continues to look in his direction, instantly falling for him. Perfect.
"Yeah, do you wanna talk to him?" I ask innocently.
"Sure. Ummm, that's if he wants to." She replies almost in an instant.
I walk over to Finnick and lean towards him,
"Guess who wants to talk to you..." I wave towards Annie and she waves back, a huge smile spreading across her face.
"I will forever be grateful. See you later..." Finnick says, not taking his eyes off Annie as he strolls over there.
As I stare at them in awe, they're actually flirting.
I turn to Peeta.
"Well, let's leave these two alone shall we?" I say walking off.
"We shall..." He says as he follows behind.

I... HAVE... UPDATED!!!
So this chapter is for 10k VEIWS! I am FREAKING OUT!! That is so much! Thank you for reading my books even though I rarely update. Thanks anyway! Comment. Vote. Follow.
LOVE YOU!
Mariah_Smiles1733