(18) "If I Stay"

Note:
This chapter is specifically made for Connor. It will deal with his current condition at the hospital. This chapter also features Logan as he searches for Norrie and Brad. P.S. This will be THE VERY FIRST  chapter without a part in Norrie's P.O.V. So yes, it's all gonna be about the boys, Emery and Logan . x

-

James's P.O.V

 Emery spent the whole night by Connor's side. I don't know how they were able to make it look like she's an immediate family member but it's alright, I'm not complaining. It's hard to be in her position right now, watching the most important person in your life right at the edge of oblivion.

 I spent the night praying and hoping that he somehow wakes up, to recover from something like that needs a whole lot of courage and strength. Connor is a strong person and I know he wouldn't just give up without a fight. I still remember the first day we met, how he saved from the stray dog that was chasing me, it was all sorts of heroic. But no words can pretty much describe the pain and sympathy we all feel for him right now.

 I just pray that everything, everything goes back to the way they used to be. Connor will be well and happy like he had always been. God please let that happen .

 "James you want coffee?" Brad asked.

 "Yeah, for my 3rd cup? sounds great" I said and he just smiled.

 "No one said you can't sleep James"

 "I don't want to sleep. I need to stay awake and be there for Connor"

 "Connor will make it. I promise" he said and then sat beside me.

 "What if he doesn't?"

 "He's strong, probably stronger than all of us. He'll make it, I know he will"

 "Brad, come on man we all know what just happened to him"

 "Look James, do you know what Connor said when you were at the hospital after your failed suicide?"

 "What?"

 "James is a fighter. He can do it, I know he can"

 "He said that?"

 "Yes. And it's because he believes in you, so I suggest you have some faith in him as well"

----

Logan's P.O.V

 I was able to find my way back to Birmingham and ended up in front of the Simpson's residence. I wonder how horrible they felt like when my father died, how Bradley handled it ... I wanna know how heartless can he get.

 I spent the next few hours just watching as to who might come in or out, and when there's nothing I realized that this is not the place where I should be spending my free time. I should look for Norrie instead, wherever she is I'm sure Brad is right by her side.

----

Brad's P.O.V

  The hospital a security red alert after some fans tried to force their way in towards us. Connor's parents and aunties spent the whole morning trying to reason out with people that we need some private time. And they just asked to pray for him instead, that he goes fine and well after all of this.

 The Doctor's last update is that he is still in critical condition, actually it's a bit worse now. His muscles are starting to feel the pain and he couldn't keep still in one position, comatose seems like the only way to make it a bit easier but we're hoping for it not to happen.

 "We're gonna pray for him. Take care of yourself too please" Norrie said through the phone.

 "I will. Take care too babe. Be back as soon as I can, I love you"

 "I love you too" she replied. A few minutes after, the call ended. I just sighed and went back inside. "Is that Norrie?" James asked.

 "Yes. Where's Tris?"

 "On the phone talking to Katie"

 "They haven't figured things out yet do they?

 "I wish they would"

 Then suddenly, the beeper on his room started buzzing loudly and the doctors came rushing in. What the hell is happening?

---

Connor's P.O.V

 As soon as I was able to open my eyes, I saw a hospital room around me, at first I didn't realized it's my room. I saw myself lying in bed, looking really bad. Then there's Emery too, she's crying.

 "I'm sorry if I tried to push you away before" she said as tears started coming down her eyes. "Emery?" I asked but it seems like she just ignored me.

 "I'll do anything, just please wake up" she added. I started to panic, I started yelling at her bust still she's  not looking at me. Then my father walked inside the room. I started calling him out but also to no response.

 Desperate to be noticed, I pushed one of the lamps off the table and saw nothing but their scared faces.

 "Oh God, am I dead?"

----

Emery's P.O.V

 He went to coma earlier today and we experienced something we never did before, even though he's asleep I felt like he's watching over us. The 'wind' that made that lamp fell down, it somehow felt like him. Although I wish it wasn't, but I think it is.

 I spent another night in his room, sleeping by the chair or  by the side of his bed. I promise I won't leave, and I don't ever intend to, not until the day he gets better and we'll leave this place together. It was past 11 in the evening and I was reading a story to him from my journal. It's quite a personal one, but after a few moments, something good finally happened.

 His index finger on his right hand started moving, followed by another finger and then another. My heart jumped and immediately called for the doctor.

--

that's it for this little chapter guys :) time jump next chapter but will still explain what happens to Connor. Next chapter should be special since Norrie and Brad's baby will be born !! xx and guys , last 7 chapters :)

  and what the hell is Logan up to?