(7) "Damage Control"

Norrie's P.O.V

Two days have passed since I broke the news to Mr. Dunham and coincidentally, the news also broke out to social media as well. Brad and I decided to confirm the news right away to stop some people from twisting it. And since then, I can't go out without getting mobbed in some form. Now I'm only waiting for another day before I get joined by Mum and Dad as they go back to New York. Thankfully, they managed to get a private jet. I actually forgot that my Mum is a president of a successful company, while even though Dad just resigned from one, he's still a well blessed man.

"I'm gonna miss this place so much" I told Elizabeth as she's helping me pack up.

"I kind of expected for you to hang around much longer but it is what it is. I almost forgot, Singapore will miss you too"

"Are you sure?"

"Of course"

"Thank you Elizabeth"

"For what Norrie?

"For everything, you became my friend her . Probably my only friend that's why I'm forever thankful"

"You know what? What they said is true"

"What is it?" I asked, concerned.

"You're dramatic" she said and then laughed. "You should be thankful I'm pregnant or else I'm gonna go all Chun-Li on you" I repleid and she laughed even harder. I always see Kelsey when I look at Elizabeth, they are so much alike. I'm gonna miss her so much.

—-

Brad's P.O.V

It's been more than 48 hours since the baby news had spread out and yet people are still congratulating me. Last night, me and the lads went out for a drink and they all commented on how they thought I'm the last one that will have a baby. Well, James is out of the list since he still doesn't know whether he would end up with a girl or a guy.

Every once in a while I caught staring at me, he's definitely bothered by the thing I told him and it made it clear to me that I should have just kept my mouth shut. I just hope Norrie and her Dad forgives me if ever it comes out.

Later that night, Harry called me up to congratulate and of course he asked me for a drink.

"Dude you gay?" I asked and he just said "You wish". I think it's nice how we managed to tolerate each other. I mean I still don't like him, but at least right now I don't wanna kill him.

—-

James's P.O.V

I was having breakfast at a nearby diner , got my shades on and a cap and thankfully everyone just thinks I'm a tourist. I mean it's foreign land after all. "James Mcvey?" someone asked and my heart skipped a beat, I slowly looked up and saw a white girl with a notebook facing me. "I'm not James" I said in a lower voice with a different accent. "Dude, I know it's you. I just wnat you to sign this or else I'm gonna scream to everyone that you're here" she said. And just by basing her accent, she's American.

"Hustler" I thought to myself.

"Thank you. By the way my name is Erica. Bye James" that's all she siad and walked away.

"Weirdo" I thought to myself.

——-

Brad's P.O.V

It 's 4:27 am on the next day when I got a call from Mum back home and she said that Dad passed away after a sudden heart attack. I felt my chest started to tighten, I shouldn't be feeling this way. I hate him, I hate him but why am I crying?.

I reached for my phone and dialed Norrie's number, to my surprise she picked up right away.

"What is it love?" she asked.

"It's my Dad"

"What happened to him?"

"He's dead"

I couldn't even speak properly. Why does this have to happen?

—-

Norrie's P.O.V

I stayed up till sunrise to comfort Brad, it's such an awful feeling to lose a parent. A kind of feeling that I'm not looking forward to if ever. Mum and Dad's driver came in at around 8:00 am to pick me up.

"Sweetheart it's gonna be okay" the old man as he smiled at me.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Everything happens for a reason darling"

A few minutes after, I took a last 'look around' before leaving the place and officially started my long way of becoming a mother.

—-

That's it for this chapter guys, I'm saving the juiciest parts on the next one. Chapter 8 will be entitled 'Swan Song' and I want you to figure out how that would play out. (Please vote and comment)

So yep sadly Brad's father died which puts much more guilt to him since he's feeling what Norrie might feel in the near future. What do you think he'll do.

And yes as you may all know Danielle Campbell is THE Norrie Anderson but if you could ever re-cast her character who would it be?