"I know, that's why I came to ask for your help. I just want to make things right between us and with Clarence gone I am finally free to do so."

"You abandoned her Melanie and made her feel like she wasn't good enough. Nothing I can say can fix that."

"You know that I didn't have a choice."

"You always had a choice, you chose to leave me and abandoned our child. It's as simple as that."

"No it's not. You know how Clarence was he wouldn't have just let me walk away from him so easily."

"Why can't you just be honest for once in your life Melanie?" Darrell said growing tired of Melanie trying to paint herself as the only victim. "I never once made it seem like you couldn't have come back home. You chose to divorce me and marry Clarence even though you knew what he was like; and do not tell me that his money had nothing to do with it."

For a while they sat in silence before Melanie spoke again.

"You're right," she said as her voice shook "I made my choice, one that was the biggest mistake of my life. But you raised Regina into the incredible woman she is today. I couldn't have done that."

Once again they sat in silence, Darrell could hear Sandra shuffling around in the kitchen. He knew that she was probably straining her ears in an attempt to hear what they were talking about.

"I just want her to know the truth, I at least owe her that much." Melanie said and Darrell knew that the woman would not rest until he agreed to help her. She was relentless just like Regina. Darrell excused himself and walked into the kitchen to find Sandra roughly chopping up an onion.

"Is she gone?"

"No not yet. Why did you leave dinner could have waited."

"It was either I cook dinner or I slap that woman. I couldn't take the way she kept calling Gina her girl as if she's done something to claim her." she hissed and Darrell couldn't help but smile at her.

"Alright mama bear calm down. I think it would be best if you stayed in here. I am going to have Regina come over, it's time we had a family meeting. "

"Don't, they're starting the Babymoon today." Sandra pleaded.

"They can start it afterwards, Lord knows she'll need it." Darrell said as he walked away to go call Regina.

                                                                                                ****

"Don't drop me," Regina fussed as Christian carried her up a flight of stairs. He had picked her up from work declaring that their Babymoon had officially begun. Christian had blindfolded her and drove around for what felt like hours. When the car finally came to a stop Christian insisted that he carried her.

"Can I take these off now?" she asked as she pulled at the blindfold covering her eyes.

Go ahead, take them off," he said as he placed Regina down on what felt like a bed. She pulled the blindfold from her eyes and took a moment to take in their surroundings.
"We're home?" she asked with a laugh.
"I know." Christian laughed at the perplexed look on Regina's face. "I picked up on the fact that you weren't too happy going away for our Babymoon. I decided that the best place for us to be was at our home."
"Aww Christian, this is so sweet of you."
"How about showing me a little gratitude," he said as he wiggled his eyebrows making Regina laugh as she kissed him when her cell phone rang.

"Let me check my phone,"

"No, our vacation has officially started no cell phones." Christian said pulling her cell phone from her bag.