Chapter 3

Percy's P.O.V.

"How do you know we are demigods?" I voice the question everyone was thinking. Ready to uncap Riptide in case he was a monster. 

"Don't get your knickers tied in a knot, Perseus Jackson." Ollivander replied.

"Percy," I correct. "Wait, how did you know my name?"

"I have a friend who is a daughter of Hecate, and you are quite famous. Now, do you want to get your wands or not?"

I nod, still wary of the old wandmaker. Nico steps forward, and Ollivander hands him a wand.

"Well, go on child of Hades, give it a wave," Ollivander encourages. Nico waves it, and black sparks come out of the tip of the wand. "Perfect, this wand is made out of blackthorn wood, has a core of thestral tail hair, and is 10 inches long, as well as stiff." Nico sits down, and Thalia approaches Ollivander.  

Thalia had to try a couple wands before 'a wand chose her' as Ollivander put it. She gets a wand made out of pine, with unicorn tail hair, slightly bendy, and 10 1/2 inches long.

Calypso's wand is ivy, has a core of unicorn tail hair, nice and supple, and 9 1/2 inches long.

Leo's is made out of willow, with a phoenix feather, pliable, and 9 1/2 inches long.

Hazel's wand: hazel wood, unicorn tail hair, stiff, and 10 inches.

Frank's: hawthorn, phoenix feather, quite rigid, and 9 3/4 inches.

Jason's wand is made out of pine, with a dragon heartstring core, unyielding, and 12 inches long.

Piper's wand: cherry, phoenix feather, inflexible, and 11 1/2 inches.  

Annabeth goes up, and tries a wand. The glass in the windows shatter. She waves another one, and boxes fly everywhere. She apologizes profusely, as Ollivander passes her a wand. As she waves it, we hear owls hooting, and grey sparks coming out of the wand. Ollivander declares it is made out of cypress wood, has a core of an owl feather, swishy, and 12 1/2 inches long. 

Finally, it is my turn. 

It took me 30 wands, but in the end one worked. It is made out of red oak wood, 14 1/2 inches, unbending, and a one of a kind core of a hippocampus scale. Ollivander told me it was a perfect dueling wand, since the owners usually had unusually fast reactions.

After that, we return to our rooms, and sleep.

Finally, it is time for us to go to Hogwarts.