Chapter 6

I sat down onto my comfy office chair,leaning back as I sighed. It was 7 in the morning and yet I have already arrived in the office. Don't get me wrong I'm not so enthusaistic about my work. I had woke up much earlier than usual so that I wouldn't have to face Hana. Now that I think of it,I didn't even need to be so early. She was drunk and would most probably wake up in the afternoon. Damn I should have made some hangover soup for her. She always gets hangovers. WAIT YOONGI WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

I shaked the thought off. I must be going crazy. She's making me go crazy.

I took a pen and started spinning it. I wasn't going to do extra work. I'm suppose to work from 9-5 not 7-5. I guess that's why I haven't gotten a promotion. I wasn't really enthusiastic or diligent about my job.

I heard the clicking of heels and looked up,dropping my pen on the floor. It was Mina,wearing her heavy makeup and her over-the-top jewellery. Seriously,who wears a bracelet,necklace,earings and all the other type of jewellery you can wear at the same time. She liked showing off but it just looks ridiculous like that. Without her makeup,she literally looks like a gorilla. She rolled her eyes at the sight of me and questioned,"Why are you here? You're not getting any extra money. You only get it for OT,"

"It's none of your business,"I snapped?"And by the way not everyone is a golddigger like you,"I sniled fakely at her. She scoffed and entered her office before slamming the door shut. With a boss that hates me,my chances of getting a promotion is lower or maybe,impossible.

₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩

Hana's POV

I was awakened rudely as sunlight sneaked throught the gap between the curtains and attacked my eyes. I ran a hand through my messy hair as I used my free arm to support myself on the bed. I was having a terrible headache. I rubbed my temples as I checked the time. It was 2 p.m.

I was still in my outfit from yesterday's mission and I haven't even removed my makeup. My lipstick was all messed up. (a/n: wink wink) I tried closing my eyes,recalling what had happened yesterday.

I was helping my client hack into her brother's handphone dor recently he had been coming home and leaving as he pleased. He really made her worried. We traced his location down and found him in some bar. It was awkward since he was 6 years younger than me but it didn't seem obvious that I was older with the help of makeup. I was supposed to distract him and take his phone before passing it to Hyojung stealthily while she used a software to copy all data into a new phone for the client. Then, Hyojung sent me home but I was half awake since that stupid boy wouldn't let his guard down till he made sure I was half drunk but I escaped before he could do anything.

I looked around. I was at home but I was in the extra room where I let Yoongi sleep. Why am I here? How did I even come here?

I shaked my head,trying to recall why I was here but my memory failed me. Giving up,I got up and went to the bathroom to wash up. I was already late for work but I knew Hyojung would cover up for me. Best partners indeed.

I got into a white blouse and a pair of long light brown pants,accompanied with a cardigan. I grabbed my phone and my handbag before heading to the office.

I got into my car when my phone rang.

"Yeobuseyo,"I greeted.

"Hana,are you busy now?"Jiyeon my bestfriend said on the other line.

"I'm on the way to the office. Don't even ask why I'm so late,"I said expecting that she would be asking me about it.

"Damn. I was going to ask that you meanie. Anyway,I bought some new clothes. I'd bring them over later when you get off work,"she informed.

"Jiyeon,remember? The jerk is in my house."I said,sighing.

"Ugh,he's so annoying,"she commented,"I'll just ignore him. I'm coming around 6. Bye,"Without warning,she hung up without even hearing my response.

*at the office*

I stared at the new case I was assigned to. I was suppose to find someone's long lost twin sister. The only clues I had was half of a couple necklace and a picture. It wouldn't be too tough to find her but it may need some time.

"Mail!"I heard Kahi,the Secretary of Group D (Me,Hyojung and Sunhwa). She walked around with a stack of letters and dropped a parcel on my desk.

"Thanks,"I said as I took it and opened it.

You're a bitch for ruining my relationship with my girl! Watch out!

The note said. It was pasted with words from the newspapers and was yellowed and had a foul-smell. I pinched my nose. It was urine.

I threw it in the bin,rolling my eyes. As an investigator,of course I would piss a few people off. Based on what the sender said,he was probably an ex of a client I had helped before. Most of my cases were like that as we specialised in it. Our group was nicknamed Group Slut by other groups but oh well,it's a job that provides for my bills and meals. Death threats were common but there were a few extreme cases. I only had someone spray oil at me but poor Hyojung had her car scratched before and my other co-worker Bohyung had red paint splashed at her doorstep so mine was a minor case.

I erased the thought off my mind. Most death threats amounted to nothing since they were just cowards who had no action taken.