Chapter twelve

My heart was still beating wildly as I stalked onto the training field. I had a boyfriend that loved me for who I was and I wasn't planning on losing Ashton anytime soon. My brain knew Cael wasn't worth it, but my heart and my wolf — that was a different story.

If I forgave him and gave into him, I was the only one that would get hurt all over again. I wasn't going to fall for his act anymore.

My legs walked robotically on the grass, my mind still racing with the possible reasons why Cael would flirt with me to another level. I fell into line with my friends when I arrived, hands behind my back and shoulders back like Tyler had drilled into our heads during training.

I made sure to stand beside Ashton so when Cael came, he wouldn't try anything again, unless he wanted to get beat up by Ashton — which would not be a pretty sight, for Cael anyway.

Ashton bumped his shoulder with mine, shooting me a breathtaking grin that I returned. I wanted so badly to grab ahold of his hand, or to throw my arms around him but I couldn't. Not with everyone else around and also under Tyler's scrutinizing eyes about how we had to be professional.

"Tyler, are you sure we should still train both groups together, they'll just fight again." I turned to Tyler. Separating everyone would probably be best for the majority. And also for me because Cael wasn't in my group.

I guess no one else agreed with this notion, especially Dyson and Trace.

"No, Tyler you have to train us altogether, it would be easier and we can all work out our differences. You know, teamwork." Dyson finally decided to talk — the one time he ever opened his mouth. Trace nodded his head vigorously in agreement.

I rolled my eyes all the way to the back of my head. They had just found their mates who were from the Moonstone Pack, and lately all they've been saying were all good things about them and not going to lie, it got on my nerves.

About three days ago they swore to the Moon Goddess that they would never like them. I grumbled, everyone seemed to have their happy ending with their mates — all but me, and of course Ashton.

"Dyson and Trace are right, we are a team and we train together." Tyler stated sternly in a tone that I knew was final. I kept my mouth shut even though my lips were pressed to a thin line, I could also feel Ashton's confused gaze on me, probably wondering why I was so adamant about this all of the sudden.

I was forced to tolerate the Moonstones. They were lucky I didn't rip their throats out the second one of them chortled at me as I walked by — muttering something about how I was that Lila.

I peered up at Ashton in hopes that he would agree with me, but he only offered me a sympathetic smile. Cael bounded towards us in that moment, a cocky smirk plastered on his face that I wished I could punch off.

Growling quietly under my breath, I sulked while Tyler told the Moonstones and our pack to run twelve laps as a warm up. Unintentionally, my eyes narrowed at them as they ran past.

The worst part was that Cael didn't have to train with them. Apparently, his combat skills were up to par, and he was Alpha so he stood beside us, smirking at everyone else.

I traded spots with Ashton when Cael arrived so I wouldn't have to be beside him. Thankfully Ashton didn't say anything, and switched places with his furious girlfriend. He knew better than to tick me off further. When finally they had finished their laps, Tyler stepped forward.

"Alright guys, as you all know, today is the first time since The Moonstone Pack has arrived, we are combining all the groups we had formed on the first day, so we could get friendly with each other and develop crucial communication skills. Though most of you have already developed a very valuable friendships." Tyler said, his voice projecting out onto the field where hundreds stood. They all seemed to stop talking under Tyler's intimidating presence — if only they saw the way he ate cookies. It seemed like our packs were no longer enemies, but to me, they would always be.