Chapter ten

An eye for an eye will only make the world blind -- revenge is sweet.

________________________

"No matter how horrible someone is made out to be, there's always a little good in them." Ava's words echoed in my head.

It was a new day of training which could bring new wonders — or great pains. I really hoped I wouldn't run into Cael today, I was still angry with him about how he wanted me to forgive him, especially when he didn't deserve it. And to be honest, I was also petty about catching him poking around in my room.

I hopped out of the shower and tied my hair into a French braid, throwing on some yoga shorts and a random shirt. I was running just a couple minutes late, so when I finally scrambled down the stairs, the house was empty.

I strolled leisurely to the field to meet my friends and also to assign the Moonstone members to a bunch of different training activities. It was an overcast today in the sky, with grey clouds littered all over the sky, sheltering the sun.

"Morning Ashton." My face flushed just from the sight of him. Without missing a beat, he pulled me in for a peck, his lips connecting with the square of mine.

Tyler and the twins groaned over dramatically, clutching their stomachs as they pretended to gag. Ashton and I chuckled into our kiss, regrettably breaking apart from each other.

I turned towards Tyler, an insult in mind when my eyes met Cael's. I hadn't noticed his arrival, or that he had been there at all. He studied Ashton and I, eyes narrowed and jaws locked.

"They do this every morning, you'll get used to this." Tyler nudged Cael, who only nodded. His cheeks flushed as his darkened eyes glanced between Ashton and I.

I couldn't help but feel victorious at that. The amount of times I'd felt my heart burn on a Saturday night because of his actions with another girl was infinite. In the beginning, it had hurt so terribly, the throbbing sensation in my chest was unbearable. All I could do was sob and retch in pain in Ashton's arms, until the mate bond faded. Finally though, Cael could see feel how I had felt.

"The only reason why you want him jealous and angry is because you still care." My wolf echoed in my head. I rolled my eyes at her comment. Every time Cael was present, she went on and on about him in my head, clouding all my other thoughts. I was with Ashton, not Cael.

"Alright, we need to talk training." Tyler interrupted my thoughts. Ashton and I pushed ourselves off of each other. "Alright, so I was thinking that we get all of us together, both the Moonstone and Nightshade. We can all train together since we've never done that before, and it would help with the teamwork a lot." Tyler suggested, glancing between the five of us and Cael. I nodded in agreement simultaneously with everyone else.

Hypothetically, it was a good idea. Hypothetically.

When we'd first started training for the last three days, we had decided to separate the two packs to prevent a fight that could make matters worse. It seemed like people across both packs had begun befriending on another, as well, some have found their mates. Only few were still hostile with each other.

Few, including me.

Loud, pounding noises sounded against the grass; the two packs were finally arriving from the pack house.

Tyler sighed clamping two fingers over the bridge of his nose. "Guys if you were in a war you were being hunted, you're all dead from how loud you just were." The two packs stared back at us with drooping and uninterested eyes.