Chapter 59: Phoenician Queen? More like drama queen.

Chapter 59:

Phoenician queen? More like drama queen.

"I'm Palo, and I am your sister," the beautiful Phoenician explains, her eyes withholding a desire to embrace me, but knowing it's better not to. When you tell a stranger that you're their long lost relative, nevertheless their sister, it's best to give them some space.

"Wait--Repeat that," I command her, looking dumbly at her with widened eyes and raised eyebrows. Honestly, I should have known better, as we are characterized by similar features: white blonde hair, curvy waistlines, pale skin, and Phoenician blood. It's plainly obvious that she is not lying to me, but I am confused as to where she came from.

"...I am your sister," she repeats again, her eyebrow raised to mirror mine, as if questioning whether I am deaf. I would like to see her react calmly when told about a magically-appearing sibling, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

"Not again!" I exclaim in irritation, scaring the chipmunks away from their repetitive playing. They look at me with wide eyes, as if I had kicked them, before they hide themselves behind the cursed xylophone, Fili's gift.

"Huh?" Palo asks out of genuine confusion. I am not making the best impression, that is blatantly obvious.

"Before we continue this menial conversation, can the remainder of my living family just appear so I don't have to go through this again?! First Sidel and Typhon, now you!? Valar be with us all!" I shout again, my voice echoing off the walls and deeper into the tunnel. It's as if I am in a trance, screaming at the walls to illuminate some new siblings. Then again, I have every right to yell when having to deal with the deaths of two siblings, and meeting a third just days after. I deserve the right to be crazy.

"I heard screaming. Is everything alright?" Bilbo asks in a panic, running into the room with his quick, yet quiet, hobbit feet. I send him a look of desperation, which only scares him more as he steps to my side and grabs my hand.

"Apparently I have another sibling," I grumble to the hobbit who just looks shocked upon Palo. My voice is laced with bitterness, though towards whom, I have no clue. Maybe it stems from the emotional rollercoaster that is my life. Now I just sound like a drama queen.

"Uh-hmm...that is indeed shout-worthy. She could be lying...?" Bilbo proposes, prompting Palo and me to shake our heads in a negative fashion. Anyone with eyes, including Bilbo, can see we are siblings. Indeed, she looks more like me than Typhon and Sidel ever did.

"Right here, you know," Palo pipes up. I send her a demeaning look, tightening my hold on Bilbo's hand as the moonlight basks upon our figures.

"She's far too attractive to not be my sister," I respond uneasily, prompting Bilbo to roll his eyes. Palo just gives me a one-over, as if asking whether I am serious.

"Is she always this arrogant?" my sister asks Bilbo, seeing as I don't respond to her gaze. The scuttling feet of the chipmunks overwhelms our silence as it echos through the arches, though none of us pay any mind.

"It's her coping mechanism," Bilbo responds truthfully. I nod my head in agreement while I pinch my nose between my finger and thumb in annoyance. Sarcasm and arrogance are my coping mechanisms, might as well accept that with full thought.

"Wait," I exclaim, my head rising from my hand's grip, "how did you know that I was here?" Curiosity and suspicion lace my heated words, as I reason Palo is here to find me.