Chapter Four

"So I bare my skin, and I count my sins, and I close my eyes, and I take it in..."

✞Anna✞

Back at the motel I called the number again so that I could get my money. "I take it you've completed my proposition," the voice said after the first ring.
"Yeah, if you want proof it will probably be all over the morning news. Now how do I get my denero[money]?" I asked. I was ready to leave this town already.
"I took the liberty of delivering it to you. Check under your pillow, the tooth fairy left you something," the voice said.
I tossed one of the pillows aside and saw a thick bundle of hundreds. "How did you--"
"You don't need to know. The job is done, you are paid, thank you for your business," with that he abruptly hung up. What the hell? He was a sly bastard.
I tossed the money in my duffle bag and lifting my belongings as I walked out of the motel room. I closed the door behind me and walked to my truck. I hoisted my things into the passenger seat then climbed into the driver's seat.
Things were going to be better now. The money would help me out tremendously and everything would be fine. My truck roared to life and I backed out of the motel parking lot. In just a few hours I would be across the border and back home. I could probably buy my own farm and start up a small business. Yeah, things would be alright.

∽ ✵ ∽

✵ James✵

"How did this happen?" I asked calmly as I placed my fist underneath my chin.
"Their throats were cut clean open. Two of the girls were doped up with something and the other was having a panic attack. She saw the girl do it--" D-Bag explained.
"Did you say girl?" I asked and straightened up in my chair.
"The chick said it was a girl and that she jumped out the window. Busted up everyone's bikes outside the pub too," T-Bag said.
"No one went after this girl?" I asked.
"By the time they went outside she was gone, " D-Bag said.
"So you're telling me that some p*ssy with a knife killed three of our brothers and no one knows a god damned thing about it?" I asked incredulously. The whole thing was ridiculous. A girl killed three of our men and the only witness is a freaked out whore. No one saw her go into the rooms or come out.
"Do we at least know what she wanted or what she looked like?" I asked.
"Dark hair, young, nice ass," Dredd stated,"bar keep said she didn't look like she belonged and a few minutes after she disappeared they heard the woman scream."
"She didn't take anything," D-Bag added.
"This makes no f*cking sense," I clench my jaw tightly.
"Have any gangs or clubs spoken up about it?" I asked.
"Nah, if any of them did it they ain't bragging about it," Dredd shrugged.
"She came out, killed ' em, jumped out the window and disappeared. It's like she's a damn ghost, " D-Bag muttered.
"She's not a ghost. She's probably just a p*ssy some gang sent to kill them," I dismissed.
The door opened revealing Jenna. She gave us a warm smile causing her silver eyes to sparkle. "I don't mean to interrupt your meeting, but Nacho is here and he wants to talk to you," Jenna says.
"You can tell him to come in," I say gently and she ushers Nacho inside before leaving and closing the door.
"I asked around if any strange girls came to town and I got a lead. An Agnes Barnaby checked into the Rodeo Motel a little under an hour before the guys were killed. The motel lady said she didn't check out, but I checked her room and she was gone," Nacho informed.
"Agnes Barnaby?" I questioned. It sounded fake. It must be a fake identity that she used. The girl was probably long gone by now.
"She said the girl was kind of quiet and drove an old grey Ford," Nacho continued.
"Who is this girl Prez to leave not a clue behind and disappear without a trace?" Nacho asked.
"I don't know, but the next time the bitch sticks her neck out I'll cut it open myself," I gritted out.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???