Chapter Seventeen

A/N: This is a filler chapter so you won't see any action in this chapter. I promise that the next one will be much better.

Anna ✞

Then...
"Let me go! Let me go you're hurting me!" I yelled as I continued to struggle in his hold. He set me down on my feet at my words and that's when I kicked him in his jewels.
"Go f*ck yourself, asshole!" I spat out and trudged past his large body that was doubled over in pain. Shit, when did it get so hot? My body felt like jello and my head--my head felt so light that I couldn't even tell I had a head. My knees buckled when tiny black dots began to obscure my vision and then I collapsed face first into the dirt when everything went black.

Now...

Cold. Wet. Cool hands. That was what I felt as I started to come to. Someone was pressing a damp rag against my face and forehead and I flinched from the touch.
Truck flipping...getting shot...blood...buzzards...Dredd...
passing out... I remembered a lot of things, but where I was or more importantly who was above me was not one of them.
My dark eyes flew open and my pupils dilated to adjust to the light of the room. When my vision adjusted, a woman with long dirty blonde hair and exotic looking eyes of the purest silver gave me a small smile showing her perfect teeth.
She retracted her hand that held a damp rag on my cheek and placed it in a bowl beside her. The woman wore a cream colored crop top covered by a short cut leather jacket that showed off her stomach.
She was a biker girl. If she was a biker girl than this was a clubhouse or something. This was the clubhouse. That giant jackass brought me back to this shithole where the president of the assholes reigned.
"You're awake," the woman said brightly in a smooth voice. I struggled to sit up and rest on my elbows and gasped when pain shot up from my arm. I fell back onto the soft bed and glanced down at the red stained bandage on my arm. I was going to make that gringo feel everything before I killed him. My poor truck, he was going to bleed dry for what he did to my poor truck.
"Easy now. I just patched that hole up a few hours ago and we wouldn't want it to open up again," the woman said with a bright smile still on her face.
"Why--why am I here?" I asked in a raspy voice.
"Dredd said he found you out in the desert just wandering around," the woman answered. Her smile was starting to piss me off. "I had to force your father to step away for a moment and when he finally does you wake up."
"I can't stay here," I say and try to sit up again at the mention of my father only for the woman to push me gently back against the bed by placing her hands on my shoulders.
"Well of course you can," the woman chimes.
"You don't seem to understand lady, I don't want to be here," I say bluntly. Something flashes across the woman's face and her smile falters for a split second before returning again.
"You're hurt," she said simply.
"I've had worse, now will you please help me up so I can get out of here before James comes in?" I ask.
"He wouldn't want that," the woman says.
"What do you care?" I spit out without caring how rude I sounded. The woman glanced down at the floor then brought her eyes up to meet mine.
"You don't know who I am?" She asked softly. All traces of her blinding smile were now gone and replaced by an unreadable look. My silence was her answer.
"I'm Jenna. Jenna McClain. I'm your stepmother, Anna."
Shock stunned my body and rendered me partially paralyzed. I couldn't speak. I couldn't think of anything except what she just told me.
This woman. This woman who looks like an angel clad in leather and biker whore clothes was my stepmother. This woman, this woman in front of me now almost single handedly ruined my life.
This Jenna McClain was the woman who helped break my mother's heart. She was the homewrecker who helped ruined my life. She took my father away when he should have been at home protecting my family. My mother died because of that, because of her.
Of all the things she did to destroy my family, she has the f*cking audacity to fix my gunshot wound. This whore actually put her hands on me. I'd rather be dead then let this puta heal me.
She was a very beautiful woman, I'll give her that. However beauty on the outside will never make out for the ugly on the inside. She didn't seem bad, yet she was a nasty homewrecker.
I wanted to strangle the bitch, I really did. I couldn't bring myself to do it as I felt my throat begin to burn with the threat of angry tears. I closed my eyes to push away those bad memories from bubbling up then opened my eyes again slowly to find her starting down at me.
"Anna, I think that once you're better we should tal--"
"I think you should walk out of this room right now if you like your neck in one piece," I said solemnly. Jenna gave me a puzzled look and then I saw her eyes water before she quickly walked out of the room.
I could never catch a break. Life always managed to suprise me by how much shit it threw at me. I would never be able to find peace until I died.