Chapter Ten: The Laughing Boy

(a/n: please check out the tumblr just for WACK! diallslays.tumblr.com

I've made a character list where every character has photo galleries if you want to see how I imagine them looking, more info like birthdays, occupations, etc. The character page is at diallslays.tumblr.com/characters

If you check it out please let me know in the comments !!! )

Everyone remembers that moment when nothing turns into something. Of course, sometimes that moment is a collection of moments, all leading up to that inevitable something that the movies always talk about. So, even though you may not remember the specific moment, the collection of moments all strung together make a beautiful memory, and no one can argue with that. I guess everyone's something is different too. What qualifies a nothing for the transition into something, exactly? I'm not sure, but for some reason, everyone seems to know where that line lies, and when it is crossed.

What they don't warn you about in the movies is that sometimes, that nothing can cross over into something faster than you ever could have expected.

...

If there's anything I regret from my stay at Niall's, it's that I didn't take Grayson home with me. He has got to be the sweetest baby in the entire world, universe even, and everyone knows it. Well, I suppose only the limited number of people that know he even exists know it, but that minor detail is irrelevant in this case.

Nothing's really changed between Niall and I since I've been gone. We still talk every day, even Skype when he feels up to it and Grayson's gone to bed. I never expected him to call me once I left London. I don't even remember him getting my number but seconds after I landed back in Los Angeles I received a simple 'G is :('. Of course, there's no one else that would be, and since that one text, I don't think either of us have managed to go a full day without contacting each other one way or another.

After that, I told him to call me if he needed me, no matter what the time. I just kept seeing that image of him in my head, sitting back stage with the boys just staring at him, his eyes full of fear. I never want him to feel like that ever again; no one ever should. I'm just worried that if he didn't have me, he'd be forced to sit there and sob until his body just gave out and he fell asleep, but with his insomnia, is that even possible?
He called me last night nearly in tears, for a different reason than I expected, though. He told me he hadn't slept in days. Of course, I asked why but he simply stated he didn't know, and that he was exhausted beyond belief. I ended up talking to him throughout the night on FaceTime, that is, until it was around seven in the morning his time, and he fell asleep. He'd have to get up soon anyways because of Grayson's early rising, but I'm sure a quick power nap is better than nothing.

Some parts of me wish I had never left. I miss them more than I really should. I don't know, maybe it's easy to get used to having someone to wake up to in the morning. Having someone to hold, even if it's just a friend, is something that I'll never take for granted again.

Niall's twenty-fourth birthday is in two days. I suppose I shouldn't really be too worried about it, but now that I know about his secret toddler and I've slept in the same bed as him aren't I obligated to get him a gift or at least mention happy birthday? It's confusing to say the least, especially since I have no idea what I'm supposed to get for a twenty-four year old multi-millionaire who can participate in just about zero hobbies from his lack of free time. What do you get for someone who has everything they could ever want?

I suppose there's no real answer to that question, especially since I know absolutely nothing about Niall. The only thing I could come up with when thinking about Niall's likes and interests was Grayson. The only thing that Niall enjoys can't possibly just be his baby? Or can it?