Chapter 2

(Photo above is Hope^^)

<Hope's p.o.v>

2:25pm, math class

I sat at the back of the class, as usual, and got all my books out, as usual. But then someone sat down next to me. Xavier. My eyes widened and I started to get up and move away.

He grabbed my sleeve and despite my protests, managed to keep a firm grip on it.

"Listen, Hope, is it?" I nodded slowly. "Well, Hope, I just want to say that I'm sorry for snapping earlier today. Today's just not a good day for me."

I nodded. I understand. No days are good days for me. He let go of my sleeve, but stayed where he was. So did I.

Then I sighed and just sat back down. Xavier grinned. Then Mr. Perkins walked into the room and called for attention.

"Okay, okay. Sit down everybody. Time to start some maths! Yay!" The thing about Mr. Perkins is that he was always so over-dramtic about everything, in particular, maths.

I got my textbook out and started on some algebra.

I was going okay, when I realized I needed to get my pencil. I reached into my pencil case and found a scrap piece of paper. I read it with shaking hands.

I've decided to have a little fun tomorrow.
~H

Then it hit me that today was Friday and I had to spend the whole weekend with Harvey.

The world started spinning. I was panicking. My vision was blurry.

Suddenly all that mattered was getting out of the room. I scraped my chair back, and rushed out of the classroom. I heard Mr. Perkins yelling after me, but I didn't care. I had to get out.

I ran straight to the bathroom and locked myself in a cubicle. I was so scared. Then something started to happen. My breathing became short and laboured. I wasn't getting enough oxygen to my body.

I was going to die. I was going to die. I was going to die.

This had never happened before. Harvey had never written me something like that before. This laboured breathing had never happened before.

Just then, someone walked into the bathroom. I froze, thinking it was Harvey. He had come and he was going to get me.

I was breathing in short gasps now and the tears were streaming down my face. Then the most unlikely suspect started to speak. (Okay, not the most unlikely, but you get what I mean)

It was Xavier.

"Hope! Hope, is that you? Hope, please open the door!" He cried out. I shook my head, then remembered he couldn't see me.

I didn't move.

All the while my breath coming shorter and shorter. Dark spots were appearing in my vision. I was going to pass out.

"Hope, please!" The desperation in his voice pleaded with me and I kind of needed him, so I opened the door.

"Hope, oh my gosh are you okay? What am I talking about, of course your not." My vision was nearly completely gone now.

Xavier noticed this.

"Oh my gosh are you having a panic attack? Okay... Right. Um, Hope can I hug you?" I tensed up and immediately shook my head.

I was letting him in. I had to stop. He couldn't find out about Harvey.

My 'panic attack' was stopping now, so I stood up and wobbled slightly. I attempted to leave, when he grabbed my arm.

"Hope, at least clean up." I nodded and went to the mirror. I was a wreck. I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my jumper and splashed some water on my face.

Just then the bell went.

3:25. Home time. Harvey.

I gasped and rushed out of the bathroom. I walked home to save myself some time.

I was shaking by the time I got back home. Harvey had some evil plan to break me even more, and the chances were. It would probably work.

He always knew just the right torture.

And I feared today's would be worse than ever.