Chapter 4

Carmen's POV

It's four days since the late night my mom was drunk and we were at the Irwin house. Everyday after school I meet with Ashton at our houses before driving to McDonald's with him. It wasn't until Wednesday I asked him to a varsity game with me at my school. It would've been our schools against each other anyways.

So, I put on a light sweater, a black t-shirt, and light blue jeans. I put on my lanyard so I can get into the game for free. I meet Ashton in my drive way. He's wearing a white t-shirt, a black leather jacket, black jeans, and converse.

"Well, you clean up nicely." I say before he gets into my car.

"What can I say? Expect the unexpected with me." he replies before we drive off to the game. We meet with Gia and Luke at the gates.

"Gia, Luke, this is my friend and neighbor Ashton. Ashton these are my friends Gia and Luke." I say. They say their little hellos before we head to the bleachers. Gia then pulls me off to the side.

"You didn't tell me he was cute." she says.

I roll my eyes before heading to where Luke and Ashton were. During the game, I started getting freezing and I shiver.

"Are you cold?" Ashton asks me.

"Yeah, a little. Should've brought a heavier sweater, eh." I say.

"Come here." he says before opening up his jacket on the side I was and wrapping me in it.

"Thanks." I say. I then see Luke and Gia scoot away a little. "Where are you guys going?"

"To give you guys space." Gia says. I roll my eyes again.

By half-time, we're down by three points. Once we get those few extra points we're back in the lead with a score of twenty to twenty five. At the end of the game, we win thirty to twenty two.

"Okay, you guys win. But, I have to say, our team sucks balls better than a slut." Ashton says as we walk out to my car. I laugh a little before turning on the heater on the car once we get to it.

"So, Dairy Queen?" I ask.

"Sure."

I turn on Viva La Vida by Coldplay. Once we show up to Dairy Queen, we go through the drive through and get two brownie hot fudge blizzards then head to the mall parking lot which is empty.

"Alright, so, let's play twenty questions." I say.

"Alright what's your favorite color?" Ashton asks.

"Really? Purple."

"Mines red."

"When did you have your first crush?"

"I was thirteen. Didn't get to date her but oh well."

"I was eleven. He turned out to be an absolute jerk." I say.

"What is your earliest memory?" Ashton asks.

"I was three and it's Christmas. My dad is hanging Christmas lights. He said he was reverse Grinch. It was hilarious."

"It was the day we first came to America. I remember the flight attendants saying adorable I was and how they just wanted to keep me with them."

"Ham or turkey?"

"Turkey."

"Same."

By the time we finished our blizzards, it was eleven but we decided to play never have I ever.

"Never have I ever had my first kiss." I say putting a finger down. Ashton still has all ten up. "You haven't had your first kiss?"

"Nope. Okay, never have I ever traveled out of the country." we both put one finger down.