Chapter 14

Allison handed me her bow and Stiles, Scott, Kira, and I ran to an alley where we found the Nogitsune fighting Liam. 

The voices were back. But this time I was hearing a lot more than just random conversations and noises.

I heard roaring, and yelling, and swords clanging. Until I heard one last thing. Someone screaming a name. Liam.

My heart started beating faster and I knew Scott could tell. He put his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him and his lips were in a straight line. Lydia had joined us with a look of concern in her eyes as well.

I tried calming myself down. The screaming finally stopped. When I looked back at Liam the Nogitsune was on the ground and Liam was standing there looking at us then smiled.

I smiled back but my smile quickly faded when I realized why I heard someone scream his name.

The Oni stabbed a sword through Liam's stomach. My eyes widened and I screamed: "LIAM!" I ran over and held him in my arms as tears filled my eyes.

He wasn't healing. I couldn't control myself, I was a mess. I couldn't stop crying.

"Sarah..." Liam said faintly, "it's okay."

"No, it's not, Liam. You're dying." I said, my voice cracking.

"It's okay, it doesn't hurt." He paused and winced. "It's okay because, I'm in the arms of my first love. I've loved you since fifth grade. And I'll never stop." He paused again. But his last few words made me lose it: "I love you, Sarah Stilinski."

His speaking stopped, and his eyes closed. I couldn't hear his heart beat. "No, no you're not dead, you're not dead. You can't die." I said as even more tears filled my eyes.

I hugged him tight and was forced to let him go by Scott dragging me away to everyone else.

When I stood up I hugged Stiles and cried in his shoulder. He rubbed my back and we ran back to the room we were in so Stiles and I could get the Jeep.

When we got in it was silent until Stiles broke it. "Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, totally. My best friend since fifth grade just died. I have some kind of mechanical doctors coming after me, I found out my boyfriend is working for them, and I have voices, in my head, for the rest of my life. This was only the best day ever." I said very sarcastically.

"I'm sorry. I can't say I know how you feel, because I don't. But I understand why you're mad. So I'm just going to give you some space." He paused. "I just want you to know that if you need to talk about something, but you don't know who to talk to, you can come to me, if you want. I'll always be there for you." I tried to force a smile when I looked at Stiles. "Don't." He said.

"Don't what?" I asked confused.

"Don't try to force a smile and tell me that your fine, because I know you're not. You're my sister and I know you better than anything. I know when you're mad, when you're sad, when you're happy... I know what you're feeling and when. So if you think you can fool me with that smile, then you think wrong. And I know you're going through a hard time, and this might make you cry even more but, you don't have to hide your emotions around me."

I looked at him with misty eyes. "Sorry." I whispered loud enough for him to hear then looked away.

"Don't be sorry." He said. "It's not your fault Liam died." I looked back at him, almost crying again. "I'm not helping, am I?" I shook my head quickly then dropped my head in my hands. Stiles rubbed my back again. "It's okay." He said. I looked at him, actually crying that time.