Chapter 1

-Sarah's POV-

Four years ago I ran away, but I knew it was time to restart. It was time to meet new people. Time to go home.

I got lost trying to find my classes so I walked up to the person next to me. "Hi, um, I'm new here and, I was wondering where th-" When the person turned around I cut myself off and my eyes went wide. "Stiles?"

He hugged me. "I thought I'd never see you again. Where did you go? Why did you leave?" He asked me, still not letting go.

I laughed. "I needed some time, you know I had a lot going on."

"Where did you go?" He asked pulling back a little.

"Devenford Prep." I said a little too quick.

Stiles pulled away. "Someone else came from Devenford too, his name is Liam Dunbar." He paused. "Do you know him?"

I had only ever made one friend within the four years I attended Devenford Prep, everyone else avoided me. But the one friend I had, got kicked out of our school.

My eyes went wide from excitement. I quickly controlled myself and spoke again. "He sounds...familiar." I paused, pretending to think. "I'll have to see him, then I'm sure I'll remember if I knew him." I finished, adding a smile.

Stiles dragged me by my arm into a locker room which, luckily, no one was in. When I saw why Stiles dragged me in there, I was excited. Liam was there staring back at me. He ran up to me and pulled me into a tight, long hug.

"It's been so long." He whispered in my ear.

"Too long." I whispered back.

"So, you do know each other." Stiles said.

"He was my only friend at Devenford." I said only half breaking the hug.

Stiles walked over to us and moved me and Liam away from each other. "I know you've known each other for a while, but I don't want any dating, Sarah." Stiles looked from me to Liam.

"Stiles, I'm fourteen. Just let me have a little freedom." I said.

Stiles sighed. "Fine. Just not in front of me." Stiles walked out of the locker room. I looked at Liam and smiled because he was already smiling. It really hadn't been such a bad idea to go back home.

Liam stepped closer to me. "So, this may, just make things awkward. But I've been wanting to tell you for a while. I like you, like, I like like you."

I smiled again. "I've liked you since the day we became friends." He smiled.

"But, I don't want to keep secrets from you. You might not believe me, but I'm, a werewolf." My smile faded and my jaw dropped.

"Werewolf." I said, trying to take it in. "I thought werewolves were just fictional. Like in Twilight."

"Werewolves, aren't the only supernatural thing here. Werecoyotes, kitsune, banshees, kanima, wendigo, darach. Monsters you haven't even heard of." He explained.

What about vampires? I wanted to add. But I decided it was best not to. "How? Werecoyotes? I've never even heard of them."

"Malia Tate, Stiles' girlfriend, she's one." Liam said.

I shook my head in disbelief. Then I realized it had to be true. How could someone make something like that up? They couldn't.

"It's hard to believe that. But, you're my best friend, and it'd be hard to make something like that up. So I believe you." I paused, and curiosity got the best of me so I added, "What's a Kitsune, and who is it?"