Chapter 17

I knew what Scott was thinking. "Scott," I quickly stood up, "I promise, it's not at all what you think."

"Sarah," he began, barely giving me time to finish my sentence. "You remember that I'm a werewolf, that can smell feelings and other things like, you know, lust." I became stiff and didn't say anything in return.

Scott grabbed my arm and dragged me to the parking lot where I saw Stiles sitting in his Jeep. I immediately said to myself, "Oh god."

Stiles was pretty pissed. I decided to meet Derek in front of the school sign and he would let me crash at his loft for a little while.

When we got there Peter was there. "Hello, Sarah." Peter said.

"Does he live here too?" I asked Derek, getting mad.

"Yeah." Derek said. "I've learned to get used to it. Can you try? It's only going to be for a couple days."

"I guess." I still didn't trust Peter, but I followed Derek upstairs.

"You can take the bed tonight, I'll take the chair." He said when he got to his room.

"Okay." I said and paused for a while. "Thank you, for letting me stay here. I hate it when Stiles gets mad."

Derek hugged me, "hey, any time." He paused. "We still got each other's backs, right?"

--

At night I couldn't sleep.

"Derek," I said waking him up. "Sorry to wake you up, but can we talk for a bit? I need to get my mind off some things."

"Of course," he replied. "What's up?"

I sat up, wondering where to start. "There's been a lot killing me lately. From Liam dying, to finding out that Theo is working for the dread doctors, I've lost a lot and I'm scared that I'll never be able to be that happy again"

"Sarah, you're an amazing young lady, I know I may be starting to talk like a fifty year old, but it's true. I know that you have a lot of people who love you. Mason, Stiles, Scott, Lydia, Allison, and me. We all care about and love you more than you could possibly imagine and we can make sure you'll be happy again, I promise."

I smiled. "Thanks, Derek." I mumbled before dozing off.

-Derek's POV-

Once I knew Sarah was asleep I went downstairs to talk to Peter. "Peter!" I said. "If you touch Sarah then I will kill you."

"She's a little young for you, isn't she?" He remarked.

"It's not like that."

What if I were to go up there right now and..." I cut him off by pushing him away from the stairs. He got mad and his eyes started glowing, "You really shouldn't have done that." He said then came after me.

-Sarah's POV-

I woke up to see Derek wasn't in the room. I heard loud sounds coming from downstairs. I ran downstairs and saw Derek and Peter fighting. I tried getting in between them and Peter scratched my arm. Derek and I went back upstairs and he turned the light on when we got to his room.

"You wouldn't happen to have a first aid kit would you?" I asked. "I'm not healing."

"No, I usually wouldn't need one." He said panicky.

"Derek," I said, "I'll be okay."

"No, we need to call Scott." He said.

"No, please don't. You know he'll be mad, again." I paused. "Then he'll call Stiles and Stiles will be even more mad."