Hear No Secrets Chapter 37

Start from the beginning

“The others will be running,” Peter interrupted, “They will just be running a different route than the rest of you. It will still be the same amount of time and distance.”

“We would have you stay here,” Sam said, “Except there aren’t enough rooms for all of you so this is our next best thing.”

“After dinner I want all of you to relax and show up tomorrow for practice warmed up, stretched, and ready to practice. You’re done for the day. Let’s bring it in.”

We all walked up to the middle of the room and crowded in a circle. Peter put his hand in first and we all followed suit. We chanted “U.S.A” and raised our hands in the air to celebrate the end of our first practice.

“Take turns showering and changing,” Peter said, “and the food will be here when you’re finished.”

Peter separated us into groups and each group went to a different bathroom to take turns using the shower. Nicole, Grace, Emily, Whitney, and I were all assigned to use the bathroom connected to my bedroom. We walked in my room and Nicole immediately claimed the shower. She grabbed her clothes and went to the bathroom. The rest of us waited in my bedroom. Whitney walked around my room like she was searching for something.

“Why don’t you just tell me what you’re looking for,” I told her.

“Maybe it’s nothing,” Whitney snapped.

“We both know that’s not true,” I said.

“Fine,” Whitney said, “It’s not. How’s the boyfriend doing?”

“None of your business.”

“It’s everyone’s business.”

I shook my head, “I don’t think so.”

“You might as well tell me now,” she said, “I’ll find out one way or another.”

“He’s just my boyfriend,” I said. “It has nothing to do with gymnastics.”

“And let me guess,” She said, “that’s all you’re going to talk to me about.”

“Pretty much. You don’t deserve anything else.”

“Ouch, that hurts.”

“Don’t be so sarcastic,” I told her, “I’m all about gymnastics this week and nothing else.”

“So he won’t be stopping by?”

I shook my head, “Sorry to disappoint you.”

“And I was hoping to meet him,” she said sarcastically like the rest of the conversation.

“I’m done,” Nicole walked out of the bathroom. “Who’s next?”

“Whitney,” I said, “She’s in a hurry to get out of here.”

Whitney grabbed her clothes, “You wish.”

She walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

“What happened?” Nicole asked.

“Just what we thought,” Grace said.

“Whitney trying to get information about Chloe’s personal life,” Emily finished Grace’s sentence.

“Seriously?” Nicole asked and looked over at me.

I nodded.

“Is he coming?” she asked.

“No,” I shook my head, “He’s really busy this week with school and everything. He’s still pretty behind in school work.”

“I’m going to go put this stuff away in my room,” Nicole said, “I’ll see you guys out there.”