Sequel Update!

The sequel to this story is up. Well, actually, the prologue is. 

And I'm willing to post the entire prologue right here. 

I'll post the link to the sequel in on my ask.fm, facebook, and tumblr.

Without further distraction:

Recrudesce ~

Narrator:

The green eyed girl pressed her lower back into the car behind her, lifting her prosthetic leg and resting it against the door carelessly as she brought the cigarette to her bare lips.

When she released the grey smoke into the black night, a small gust of wind blew through the parking lot, chilling her to the point that she shrugged her wool sweater tighter over her shoulders.

The street lamp over head flickered a moment, catching the 19 year old's attention. Her dark auburn curls bounced with the turn of her head and cascaded down her back as she watched the lamp post. She never took lightly to meaningless happenstances anymore.

She put the cigarette between her lips again and inhaled, her lids growing heavy over her bright green eyes. She had needed to step away from the "small" party in an apartment that her friend had urged her to go to. There were too many people that she didn't trust at all. Too many people with unknown intentions. It wasn't safe, so she left the party the moment an unfamiliar college boy had handed her a drink and began to flirt.

A smile played on her lips as she recalled throwing the drink on the guy's leather jacket and hissed those 3 words with such venom in her tone, that he recoiled, "I'm not stupid."

She knew she had been rude, but she didn't care anymore. The entire world had been nothing but rude and disrespectful ever since she was able to leave the hospital, unable to even walk, mind you.

So as the boy cursed at her and threw insults at her, she only rolled her eyes and headed for the door.

"Crazy bitch!" he shouted just as she had opened the door. That was enough to stop her. She hated that word. Mainly because she felt crazy every waking hour ever since she had returned from being kidnapped two years ago. So she calmly closed the door and turned back around to face the asshole with a devilish grin on her face. "Unfortunately, this crazy bitch has done worse than throw liquor on a horny college freshman."

Everyone had fallen quiet now and their eyes were all on her. She hated being stared at. She felt inferior. So to counter that feeling, she straightened up and shot daggers at the boy with her eyes, purposefully avoiding the other eyes on her. "Like, help kill a man." her voice came out casual, nonchalant almost, before she waved her fingers in a mock flirtatious manner and ripped the door open, leaving the apartment and heading back to her car.

As she stood in the parking lot now, her metal and plastic crutch-looking prosthetic propped against her car and a cigarette between her fingers, she almost laughed to herself. She knew that would come back and bite her in the ass. But right now, she couldn't help but feel amused with herself.

"Hey." a deep voice rumbled through the September air, causing the girl to jump and whip around to face the speaker.

He chuckled a little and raised his hands in surrender. "I didn't mean to frighten you."

She studied the man apprehensively, her eyes narrowed in distrust. He looked older than her; at least 25 years old and he had a negative vibe to him, immediately putting her off.

The man only jammed his hands into his pockets and shrugged his shoulders anxiously. "I'll take that as an acceptance of my apology. My name's Jared." he rambled on with a grin.