Chapter 16: Z isn't for Zoey

Zoey: September 8, 2014

     I had been taken through the house by a new person I hadn't met before. I assumed his name was Damien. That's the name that woman had said yesterday.

She had brought Jenna back down stairs yesterday. Jenna had puncture wounds all over her body and little cuts along her neck and cheeks. We hadn't heard any screams though and the woman seemed quite pleased with herself.

Jenna explained that a javelin was a kind of spear and the woman had stabbed her over and over again.

Apparently not deep enough to damage organs but deep enough to make her bleed quite a lot.

Now, I sat in the torture room, glaringly aware that I was in the hands of person I didn't know at all.
Jarek I had atleast known a month.  I knew his weakness. It was remaining calm. But I couldn't work with this person. That scared me.

"Miss Quinn?" he asked politely as he grabbed a pair of rubber gloves.

I stiffened but nodded.

He gave me a curt nod before looking back to a paper that carelessly lay on top of a metal cabinet. "I'm not sure what he had planned for you, but he told me to torture you. Fears?" he asked casually. 

I snorted and studied this asshole. He had almost black hair that was buzzed on the sides and long but neatly combed on the top. His grey eyes seemed to pierce my soul whenever he looked at me and the tattoos that covered his arms and neck built his character. He probably had more, but nothing was visible beneath his black dress shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his dark jeans. Damien seemed to fit his entire persona. He looked kind of like what a demon would look like.

"You really expecting an honest answer?" I laughed at him.

He raised a thick, nicely shaped eyebrow at me and smiled. "You really expecting me to hurt you?"

I huffed and glared at him, feeling unwanted tears sting my eyes. "I expect you to hurt all of us. I'd rather you just kill me already." my voice broke on the last word and I looked away, allowing a scowl to cover my face rather than my sadness.

Damien didn't say or do anything. He stayed where he was and I didn't dare look at him. I was afraid the tears would spill.

"This is my job, Miss Quinn. My job isn't to rape or murder you."

I snapped my head back up and glared at his emotionless expression. "No you're right. Your job is to sell us like we're animals or jewelry."

Damien sighed and crumpled the piece of paper in front of him, grabbing a hammer off the cabinet and turning to face me fully.

I became petrified in fear and didn't dare move as he approached me.

He swiftly pinned me against the wall behind me, a hand over my mouth as his lips rested just millimeters from my ear. "Play along." he whispered so quietly that I wasn't sure I had heard him correctly.

When his hand pulled away from my mouth, I stared at him in confusion. "Wha-"

I was cut off by the hammer slamming into the pipe next to my ankles.

I gasped and looked at him in horror. Was he trying to hurt me?

He clenched his teeth and his jaw tightened. "scream." he ordered.

"Are you shitting me?" I whispered. 
Damien smiled and slammed the hammer into the wood post that stood in the corner of the room acting like a pillar. I finally caught on and let out a scream, inching away from him out of fear that he would change his mind and hit me.

"What are you doing?" I hissed.

He rolled his eyes. "I don't get paid enough for this shit." he answered before slamming the hammer into the wall again. I screamed.

Whatever helped me get out of this without a scratch  was good enough for me.

"Act like you're in pain." he ordered me.

I nodded and when he slammed the hammer into the wood again, I acted out an agonizing scream.

"plead."

I stuttered at first. "P-Please! Stop! Please don't hit me again!" I screamed.

"Shut up!" he screamed back at me.
I cowered, unsure whether he was serious or not, but his face softened and he winked at me.

He slammed the hammer into the wall again and I screamed again, adding in more false pleas.

Damien crossed the room and pulled a small case from his bag.

He brought it over to me and hit the wall again.  I screamed.

As he opened it, I noticed it was makeup. There was wax looking cartridges in the corners and there were colored creams around the entire case.

He handed the hammer to me. "Hit this on the ground and keep screaming." he instructed me as he began applying the makeup to my exposed thighs. 

"How can you be sure I won't hurt you?" I asked with an evil smile.

He looked back up at me with a dead serious expression. "Because I'm the only way you and the other girls are getting out of here alive."

*-*-*-*-

Damien quickly applied the makeup to my arms, legs, and stomach to look like dark bruises. He added this sticky wax to my face to make it look swollen, then added reds and purples over it.

When he finished, he put the hammer back in its place and packed his makeup back into his bag.

He then scooped me into his arms. "Pretend to be unconscious." he whispered into my ear.

I relaxed, feeling safer with him now, and let my head fall backwards as I closed my eyes.

Damien carried me back into the basement and placed me on the cement carefully. He tied my wrists and ankles before leaving me with the girls again.

I got up, thinking it was safe to be awake now. 

"Zoey?" Jenna asked, concern in her voice.

I looked to them, pretending to tremble.

"What did he do?" she asked.

"Hammer..." I croaked.

"Your face!" Kaila cried.

I closed my eyes, trying my best to pretend like I was hurt.

I couldn't tell them what had happened. He told me not to. He told me a lot of things.