Sinking Ships [ 16 ]

"There's too much history for there not to be love," 

- Liam Payne

----

"Liam there yet?" 

" Not yet. Apparently he has to have a ..." Sophia paused and clutched her temple with her free hand. Her mouth twisted like she had bit a lemon. 

"a serious discussion about where our relationship's headed."

" And we both know what that means! " Her exasperation was barely concealed as every word seemed to get twisted as it left her throat and in to receiver of her gold i-phone.

" Keep your knickers on love. Open your mouth and breeeeath! Oooohm!" Harry said.  Sophia eyebrows arched up her forehead. But She dragged some air in, and breathed out.

"You're going to do fine!" Harry said.  She seemed to regained some composure as her body relaxed against the kitchen island. Her irises however darted back and forth like a green ping-pong ball, watching and waiting for something outside her window. 

" Speaking of the devil." Sophia leaned over the window and examined the street below. It was Liam's black SUV that entered the basement car park.

"He's here." 

" Remember to mix it well okay? "

" Of course. And erm... thank you for...the favor." 

" It wasn't a favor. You will have to pay me back for it."

" I will" She giggled "if not in pounds but ...maybe with a different kind of currency" 

" That's my girl". The line crackled with the sound of laughter. 

She wrestled with the smile that was forming. 

Then with a motion like breaking an egg over a frying pan, she uncapped a red capsule over the opening of a bottle of Prosecco. The white powder cascaded down the neck of the bottle as her crimson lips parted in concentration. She watched the powered particles waft down and settle  and spread out on the surface of the sparkling liquid before sinking and dissolving. 

She pulled the second capsule open and repeated. She replaced the cork and shook the bottle. Her eyes peered in to the bubbling liquid. The contents of the capsules were completely dissolved and there was no trace. She gingerly placed it on the fridge door and closed it in slow motion.  Her fingers and straightened her dress, and pulled on the chords of her dress so that it would sit tighter on her body. A mild smile, just visible by the curve at the corner of her lips, betrayed nothing. 

----

Liam grabbed the front door handle and hesitated.

He had promised Zayn that he will soon be single. He had so much planned for the two of them, as an official couple.

No guilt, No shame.  

 It was high time for the inevitable breakup conversation with Sophia. 

 "I will come over to your flat right after.  Free to start over Zayn!  You excited?" 

" Uh huh"

Zayn had nodded; his eyes had been glazed over with hope.  He had been unable to stop himself from stroking that ridiculously beautiful cheek.  Liam smiled weakly at the thought of how he was constantly on his mind.