beard troubles[11]

Liam tip-toed across the dark living room. It was 2 a.m. He had just got home from tearing Zayn open and he didn't want Sophie waking up and getting suspicious. Her curiosity could turn in to suspicion very fast; she was no fool. So he had to walk in like a cat burglar. He didn't put the light switch on and as noiselessly as possible, put the cheese in fridge. The flat was quiet except and the whizz of speeding traffic from below; a good sign. He placed the keys softly in slow motion, avoiding any rattling noises. He sighed in relief as she was sure to be in bed.

"Phew!"

It wasn't that he felt shamefaced for sleeping with Zayn. He felt that he had a right to make him his. What tensed him up was was the lying. It was so unnatural for him to think up lies. It made him feel slightly sick. If he got caught, the remorse would eat him up. He couldn't tell her the truth because that would be worse than a slap on her face. How could he inflict that on her? He didn't want anyone having their heart trampled on.

As he pulled his damp white t-shirt off him and pinched out a strand of Zayn's hair off it, he walked towards their bedroom.

As he walked across, trying not to bump in to furniture, he jumped out of his skin to hear a voice. A slightly tipsy voice saying

"Where were you? Its 2.a.m. You left at 10!"

Liam's eyebrows rose, and he gulped as Sophia appeared as she flicked the light switches on. She had spying on his every move all this time. She had an almost empty glass of wine in her hand and her lips were stained red. Liam knew that the situation had taken a dive when she saw her stormy face.

" What are you doing up so late Soph?" Liam asked with a little smile, trying to distract her.

" Nothing Important. What I'm curious about is what took you four hours. And you look out of breath and sweaty" Her voice was calm but her piercing stare was throwing daggers at him.

It was as if she was a detective with all the evidence, and was just waylaying him to catch him in the act.

" Oh, I uh... I met Niall up for a drink. It was completely unplanned. So had a few pints." Liam pursed his lips while trying not to break eye contact, and give her more reasons to doubt him.

" Doesn't explain why you are sweating and red-faced. It's almost like you have been having....."

"I took the stairs for a change because I didn't do any cardio today . Got to keep the calories burning," Liam perkily cut across before she could question any further.

" You are lying aren't' you?" Sophia said, while she cat walked towards him, in her sheer black dressing gown. He could smell the wine on her breath.

Liam's mouth felt dry. He never expected Sophia would be up and be grilling him about his whereabouts. It made a cold sweat appear on his furrowed forehead. He needed to act cool.

" What are you talking about?" Liam asked drawing out each word like she wa being silly to ask such a question.

Sophia narrowed her eyes and looked him up and down, searching for clues on his face.

" No you're lying. I can see it in your face"

"I really don't know what you're on about Soph,." Liam opened his mouth wide and exaggerated a yawn stretching his arms.

"I am sleepy and I am going to bed" He said letting out a breath of frustration out and shook his head in disbelief.

"I'm just asking you because I love you Liam." She had changed her tune, sounding tender this time. Liam felt a soft hand on his shoulder.

" What does she know about love?" was Liam's thought. "She knows nothing about it" Liam's lips pursed. He let the hand drop as he moved away from her escaping to the washroom.

" It's late. I am going to bed." Liam said with irritation in his voice.

He ran his hands on the cold water of the faucet. It had been a close call. He checked in the mirror for hickeys. There were none. Zayn had been careful not to give him any. Except for two faint red spots on his back where Zayn had held on to him tightly, there were no clues he had been doing Zayn.

"Why am I even checking himself and getting worried?" he thought as he splashed his face with water.

"This whole relationship was her bloody idea and she pushed me in to a commitment." Then look of irritation darkened his face as he thought. "But its half my fault too. I let management encourage it."

His face still felt like it was on fire. He splashed some cold water over his face. As the water trickled down his face and he felt a bit It calmer. But his body went on sweating, still recovering from the mind blowing sex he had with Zayn.

" Why do I need to hide things from her ? Then again she is a girl. She's got feelings too. I can't hurt her" Liam sighed and thought as he patted his face with a towel. He stripped to his boxers and headed to the bedroom with his forehead still a bit furrowed.

He noticed that Sophia was already in bed and was staring up at the ceiling. He got in carefully and didn't get under the covers.

Liam expected her to say something. But all he heard was the sound of Sophia's breathing.

"Maybe she already knows its Zayn...Maybe she will pack up and leave tomorrow. Although it would be horrible, it might make life a bit less complicated."

The mattress shifted. Soph had turned to her own side of the bed and covered her head under a pillow. She hadn't uttered a word.

Liam felt a pang of guilt come over and let out a deep sigh. A part of Liam hoped she would say something. A part of him wished he could confess, tell to her all about how Zayn had his heart and mind under lock and key. She might even nod with understanding and break up with no hard feelings.

But he couldn't. He couldn't let their life become a tangle of knots. She would be end up in tears; tears of embarrassment and rejection.

As his eye lids relaxed and started closing, he saw the image of Zayn and the night they had had. Recalling his sexy deep moan and his hole that squeezed around his dick so tightly was enough for it to stand to attention again. He shouldn't be but he was turned on, again. It got even harder as he remembered how he had licked his chest while looking up at him with his big hazel eyes. The bed was comfortable but gave him no comfort. As he started falling asleep with a semi hard dick, he knew he had to have him again even if it meant he had to live a double life. He couldn't possibly stop now.

Once Liam was in the land of nod, Sophia reached out for her phone on the nightstand. She switched the sound off quickly and started typing.

Sophia : They are at it again! How do I get rid of that fucker?

She picked the icon of a long haired lad and clicked send.

------

A/N

Hiya everyone!

Thank you as always for the fantastic comments.

please Vote, Comment and Share.

I just voted for a few books that I loved for the Bromance Awards. Those were ILYSM by boytoys andthat's not why by boytoys and innocent pleasures by ForeverRememberZayn . They really were fantastic.

What do you think about Liam getting found out by Sophia?

Love you all

SparrowBlue