The Lion Boy Part 16

Percy POV

The three of us went to the big house, entering to find Chiron. I found him playing pool with Dionysus, the slob of a god that got the title of camp director. I found it completely realistic that he was brought here as punishment, although it was more of a punishment for the campers.
"Dionysus." I said with a curt nod in his general direction. He glared at me, he didn't like me, but with Rhea and Hestia around he couldn't exactly drive me mad. Especially since Rhea's blessing fortified my mind, allowing nothing to get in except the power of a primordial. Ignoring the god, I walked over to Chiron.
"Thalia has gone missing. A quest needs to be issued for this, and several other matters I believe are all tied together." I explained to Chiron quickly. He nodded. Dionysus opened his mouth,
"Don't you think you should consult the camp director Johnson?" I ignored his mishap concerning my last name.
"Not especially since you wouldn't care if a quest was issued as long as the campers going had a decent shot at dying." I retorted, before turning to Chiron, who was busy containing his amusement.
"I agree this issue needs to be addressed, and that you, Percy, should lead it. You will however need a prophecy, go to the attic, try not to scream, and if you come back alive you may go." He told me, gesturing to the set of stairs behind him. I smiled, and walked past him, climbing the stairs quickly. Opening the creaky old door I walked in, and crinkled my nose when I saw the oracle. She was a mummy, and a very sorry looking mummy at that. The hag pulled herself into a sitting position, instead of the slumped pile she had been in when I walked in.
"I need a prophecy for the Quest for Rhea." I had decided the name was fitting, as I knew she was somewhere in the heart of the problem. Not necessarily the person who caused it, but deeply tangled in the mess, that was for sure. A raspy, strained voice filled the room.

Three must travel across the blue,
to the stretch where none are true.
There the white mistress lies in wait,
but discord shall guard her eonic cage.
The spark of youth he needs to wake,
a perfect partner he intends to make.
The Lady of Death shall be redeemed,
a sacrifice must incur to save the queen.
The sly to become a slave to time,
unless the blessed one commits a crime.

The oracle fell silent, and I ran the lines of the prophecy through my mind. Most of it didn't make sense, but I had a feeling what the first line meant.

Across the blue.

An ocean. The quest would be going international.
I came back down the stairs, to see Annabeth waiting for me.
"You okay?" She whispered to me as I took a seat at the table. I nodded.
"The prophecy?" Chiron inquired.
"Three must travel across the blue, to the stretch where none are true. There the white mistress lies in wait, but discord shall guard her eonic cage. The spark of youth he needs to wake, a perfect partner he intends to make.The Lady of Death shall be redeemed, a sacrifice must incur to save the queen. The sly to become a slave to time, unless the blessed one commits a crime." I finished quickly.
"Eonic cage, spark of youth, slave to time- What does all of this mean? And for gods sake who is he?" This came from Luke, to which I shrugged.
"Prophecies are always vague, nobody quite knows what they mean until they happen." Chiron stated, although he seemed to have an idea about certain parts of it. I decided not to pry. The old centaur opened his mouth to speak again,
"One thing is for certain, this quest is going abroad. I don't suppose any of you have passports? To get you there quickly, you're going to have to travel by air. Zeus should let you considering you're going to rescue his daughter. That is, of course assuming Percy, you're taking these two?"
"Of course, can't go international without my travel partners." I smiled at them.
"Well then, you leave tomorrow. I'll see what the Hermes cabin can do about the passports. After that, we just need to figure out how in Olympus we're going to get you three to the Middle East." He turned to leave, leaving us very confused.
"Wait, Chiron! Why the Middle East?" I called out His face was grim.
"Where else would none be true, but a War Zone, child?"
---
A/N: Bang bang. Shots fired. I'm actually pretty proud of the prophecy considering I'm horrid at poetry so hurray not god awful. I AM SO SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE AS PROMISED. I HAD THE CHAPTER ALL READY AND THEN WIFI DECIDED TO GLITCH OUT AND NOT LET ME POST IT. RUDE.
Your Favorite Demigod,
Isa Rivers