The Lion Boy Part 12

Percy POV

As I opened my eyes, and everything came into focus, I saw five people around me.

"Hey." I croaked out, my throat as scratchy as sandpaper. I felt a pair of arms, surrounded by blonde curls wrap around my torso, and squeeze me into a tight hug.

"I missed you." Annabeth said. I smiled and hugged her back. I would have to thank Melinoe for making me come back. She pulled back, and sat down on my right side. Now it was Thalia, Luke, and Rhea's turn for hugs, with a kiss on the cheek from Rhea. Things were still confusing. After Will was introduced, I started questioning.

"What happened? The last thing I remember before, the- erm. Dark," I paused for a moment, lying. I didn't want to share my experience with Melinoe quite yet, and so publicly. I would probably tell Annabeth once I got out of here, I didn't like keeping things from her, and I think she would understand best.

"Was the rain, and the hellhounds. I thought I died?" Rhea chuckled.

"Not quite. What kind of patrons would Hestia and I be if we just let you die like that? We worked out a spell to keep you alive, and... Contained for a bit."

"A month." Luke muttered.

"Elaborate on that, would you?" I asked Rhea, and she explained quickly. After hearing it, I wrenched myself out of bed, ignoring Will's complaints, and tackled my traveling partners to the ground. It was their turn for hugs. Thalia shocked me a tad, to get me off of her. She didn't like touching. Too bad for her. Will grabbed me by the hand, turned me, and pushed my arse promptly back into bed.

"Bed." He said, before shaking his head in disapproval, then rushed off to procure more ambrosia and nectar. I opened my mouth again.

"I'm actually starving. I don't suppose camp has any blue pancakes or waffles ready?" I inquired. The infatuation with blue food, had started at the orphanage, where another kid declared blue food didn't exist. I promptly had turned to Hestia, and we had teamed up to produce as much blue food as we could invent. I was never good friends with that kid. I believe his name was Alec, at least he got adopted fairly quickly after that. I don't know why I never did. Perhaps it was because of my disturbingly mature demeanor, or the fact that I tended to get to anxious when people looked at me, and my powers acted up. Then there was the refusal to leave without the lions... Alright, I take that back. I scared people. My bad.

"I'll make some real quick." Rhea commented, then waved her hand, making a steaming hot plate of blue breakfast in front of me. I smiled,

"Feel free to take some guys." They all obliged, taking bits of eggs or pancake here and there. Rhea couldn't do stuff like this too often, drawing on her childrens powers. It tired her out, and was difficult to do. Will came back in the room with a huff, obviously not happy with what he had to say next..

"Since you seem to have recovered from your exhausted state, you can go. Any of those three can show you the Poseidon cabin. Have fun, I need to go check on the other patients." He left again quickly. Rhea kissed my cheek and smiled.

"I need to go, and check up on... Family matters. Read into something Eris said. I'll see you soon, alright?"

"Okay." I hugged her again, and she flashed out. I got up and Thalia stood up with me.

"I'll show him, my cabins closest to his anyways. You guys go get some sleep," She offered. Annabeth and Luke said their goodbyes, and then they left as well.

"Come on Kelp Head, let's get you settled in." She started walking toward an area lit by torches. Twelve cabins in a U shape were settled in it.

"I'll tell you more about that tomorrow. Not right now, I'm tired." I noticed neither Hestia, Melinoe, nor any other minor god, had a cabin. I also decided to delve into that matter more tomorrow. A few campers remained from the episode at the lake, and I got a few suspicious glares. I kept walking, not bothering to even give them a glance. I had apparently just fought off a hostile goddess attempting to kidnap their fellow campers. The least they could do was be polite. Still, deep down inside, I turned away. Would I be seen as an outcast, as strange here to? Like at the orphanage? I pushed the thoughts aside. This was a new start, and I would be making the best of it. She led me to a cabin, and opened the door. A salty smell wafted through the air, and a sea green blue color decorated the interior. A few bunk beds were nestled comfortably in, and I saw a lone hellhound claw mounted and hung on the wall.

"From the attack. A spoil I managed to grab before Dynatos dragged me away. We are going to have a talk about that as well mister noble." I laughed, and the sound bounced off the walls.

"I'm terrified." I poked her, and though she scowled, I think she was happy I was okay.

"Get comfortable Seaweed Brain, welcome home." She walked out and I lay down on the bed. It was comfortable, don't get me wrong, but something was missing. A familiar warmth pressed against my side, was absent. I missed having Annabeth with me. Maybe, I had been practicing a new trick with my Poseidon powers making the trip here. I clenched my eyes shut and visualized myself dissolving into a million particles. I reappeared in the Athena cabin, luckily for me, I managed to land next to Annabeth's bed. She was still awake and she smiled when she saw me. I gripped her hand, and looked her in the eye, asking for permission. She nodded and I did the trick again. We reappeared in the Poseidon cabin.

"Nice trick. What do you call it?" She asked me as I tried to catch my breath. It was a complicated movement, and took a lot out of me.

"Mist travel." She nodded.

"I was hoping you would come get me. It's been weird not having you by me. I don't want to ask my siblings. I don't want to be seen as weak." I nodded.

"Understandable. Shall we try to get some sleep?" In response she walked over to the bunk, and lay down. I followed suit, and in no time at all, we were drifting off, arms wrapped around the other.

---

A/N: 1.1k words, so a bit short. I apollogize. I wanted to get an update in, and a little tiny Percabeth fluff. I hope you guys liked the chapter, and I do not apollogize for withholding information on Melinoe from you guys. No regrets. How did I do with this chapter? Feedback is greatly appreciated, as is suggestions. (I do read all comments, but don't necessarily reply. Just because you suggest something does not mean it is guaranteed to be put in the story. If I do use your idea, I will give you credit.)  Until next time,

                                 Your Favorite Demigod,

                                                              Isa Rivers