The Lion Boy Part 15

Annabeth POV

- Two Weeks Later -

We were walking, talking about camp, and wondering what Rhea was doing. She had been vague, simply saying 'family business' before leaving. I had turned to look towards the pegasus stables, where we had previously been with Percy. He was saying a goodbye to the pegasi, being the son of Poseidon, and had told us he would meet us outside shortly. I looked back, and she was gone, leaving ashes in her place. I stared at the spot she had been, wide eyed. Percy came up behind me.

"Hey Annabet- Where's Thalia?" I turned to look at him, staring him in the eye.

"Your guess is as good as mine." His eyes narrowed.

"Ash." He picked some of it up, and rubbed it between his fingers, letting it fall.

"Find Luke, and meet me back at the stables." He told me, before running off. I watched him go, and stifled a sigh of annoyance.

"You never tell me where you're going." I muttered. I didn't like not knowing, after the whole 'Percy-gets-stuck-in-a-shell' ordeal. However, Luke should know, so I went off in search of him. After taking a loop around the whole camp, I burst into his cabin, and found him reading.

"Luke-" I started, out of breath. It was a big camp. "Thalia's gone." He put his bookmark in quickly, and stood up.

"What do you mean she's gone?"

"I mean she's missing. We were talking, I looked away, I looked back and she was gone." His eyes widened,

"Did you tell Percy?" I nodded.

"He told me to find you and meet him back at the stables, then ran off." Luke took a moment to register it.

"He might be talking to Rhea or Hestia, seeing if they know anything. Lets go back to where we're supposed to meet." I accepted his reasoning, and started walking back. Luke placed his hand on my shoulder, as I dragged my feet, tired from running around camp searching for Luke.

"Want a lift?"

"Yes please." I admitted. He crouched down, as I clambered up onto his back, latching my arms around his neck, and wrapping my legs around my torso. We started walking again, and saw Percy had beat us. He was sitting cross legged in front of the door, a lost-in-thought look on his face.

"Where did you go?" I asked as I let myself down, and Percy stood up.

"To see if Rhea or Hestia knew anything." He said, confirming Luke's guess.

"And?" The son of Hermes prompted.

"Nothing, and I don't mean they didn't know. I mean the Iris message wouldn't go through, mist travel landed me on my butt when I tried to get to them, and the flames were just normal flames when I attempted to speak to Hestia through them. All of our means of communication, and none of them worked."

"What about the lions?" Luke questioned frantically, I knew Thalia and him were close.

Percy paused for a moment, thinking about that.

"I'll try." He closed his eyes. They had a telepathic thing between the three of them. I saw Percy clench his eyes tighter, and tighter, before he wrenched them open, panic clear in his green orbs.

"They're not there. The only thing I got back was this... symbol. I need my drawing pad. Back to my cabin." He ordered, taking charge. He raised a hand, and I felt the pull of mist travel, take all three of us there. We got there quickly, with Percy ever so slightly paler.

He ran over to his trunk, fishing through it to pull out a pad of paper and a pencil. He sat on his bed, sketching quickly, until he finally stopped. I looked to see what he had made. It was the yin yang symbol, but instead of the normally plain black and white, it was Dynatos as the black, and Axi as the white.

"What does that mean?" I asked. He looked at Luke, then me, then back to Luke.

"It means the lions won't be helping on our quest." He said grimly.

"Quest?" Luke wondered aloud.

"How else are we going to save Thalia, and get a prophecy while we're at it?"

A/N: Hey guys, how are you? I'm personally great, seeing as I'm on vacation.  I know this chapter was really short, but I'll  be updating again tomorrow, promise. It will be longer, and a quest will be involved. As always, thank you so much for your support. I see it all and fangirl every single time. Love you guys.

Your Favorite Demigod,

                          Isa Rivers