The Lion Boy Part 10

Annabeth POV

Three weeks had passed. Much to the campers annoyance, the canoe lake still refused to fill. Zeus even was called in to try and get rain to fill it. This led me to believe the lake would be important. Nobody had thought anything strange about it although, not even my siblings. Dynatos and Axi hung out in the woods, and tended to be very helpful during capture the flag. It was the twenty sixth, and tonight, we would either get Percy back, or lose him forever.

Lost in thought, I wasn't paying attention, and the climbing wall nearly got me. I darted up, and could feel heat woosh past me as I did so. I climbed back down, and got called to dinner. Campfire was good, but tense. I had taken to rubbing the side of the shell on the necklace when I got anxious. It was a little reminder of Percy, and somehow reassured me like he had. Sometimes I swore I heard him whisper things to me, but I knew it wasn't real. After campfire it was curfew and I pretended to go to sleep, and I lay in bed. I heard the clear voice of Hestia in my head,

"Take the necklace and go to the beach. I have distracted the watch harpies. I've told Luke and Thalia the same. Take the dagger Luke gave you, you'll all need it. Go quickly."

I crept out of bed swiftly, already fully dressed, and sneaked out the door. I raced to the beach, and got there quickly, only slightly out of breath. Rhea was there, along with Luke and Thalia.

"Take of the necklace, get the shell and put some water in it." She told me, keeping her voice low. I did as she said.

"Now go to the canoe lake as fast as you can, careful not to spill a drop. You need every molecule of that water." Her tone was urgent, confirming my belief that our time was short. I went as quickly as I could, but it still took me five minutes to reach the little pond. Rhea was waiting again.

"Pour the water in the shell in the hole Annabeth." She said and I did, however strange it sounded. The moon was almost directly overhead by now and it seemed so much brighter than usual, more ancient, and more powerful.

"Annabeth, the knife." She told me. I tossed it to her, and she caught it in one fluid motion.

"All three of you, hold out your arms." I had no idea why, but I did it. So did Thalia and Luke. Taking us by surprise she brought the knife down, making a cut on each of our arms. It stung like crazy. I bit my tongue. As much as it hurt, I knew Rhea would never hurt us without good reason.

"Hold your arms over the hole as well, you need at least three drops from each of you." I stretched my arm over the empty lake, and watched with a sort of fascinated horror as my blood dropped down into the darkness.

"Annabeth, I need the necklace." I knew it was childish but I gripped it.

"What are you going to do with it?" I asked. I was terrified she was going to damage it. It was the only thing I had that reminded me of Percy. Just then there was a bright flash of light, it was so bright it knocked me to the ground. When it cleared up I saw a women standing there.

She had brown hair the color of dark chocolate that was cut in a gentle pixie cut, like what you would expect a fairy to have, and cold amber eyes. Her skin was dark and smooth, not a flaw to be seen. A pure white chiton adorned her body, and she had a dangerous look about her. It was like a wild animal, dangerous, and easy to set off. She was beautiful.

"Who are you?" Thalia asked bravely. The women laughed, a sharp, cutting sound.

"Why I'm Eris dear! I'm just here to help you, Rhea has been lying to you you see. You're not saving your friend, you're keeping him gone for good. She's already wormed her way into his mind, made him think that he was her champion. She's just using you all to save herself. We have a much better place for you, just come with me." She held her arms out. Her voice was smooth and buttery and seemed to seep into every crack in your brain. It wrapped around you and suffocated you. I racked my mind for goddesses by the name of Eris. Then it hit me, Eris, goddess of discord. I scooted closer to Rhea.

"Annabeth, correct?" She said, noticing my movement. I said nothing and gave her a untrusting glare.

"Stubborn are we." She said in her honey sweet tone.

"Rhea, help." I pleaded, feeling her magic work on me, I could feel myself getting sluggish. I looked over and saw her eyes harden.

"Eris leave, you will not harm these children." Her commanding voice jolted me back to reality and cleared my mind. Eris laughed again, the same malicious sound.

"Sorry Rhea, not an option. Your husband is looking for some talented new demigods for his cause. He believes these will do just fine." Rheas eyes narrowed.

"That beast of a creature is not my husband." She snarled at Eris. Her arms reached around me, Luke, and Thalia. Rhea held out her hand.

"Annabeth, the necklace. You have to trust me." Her eyes showed her desperation. I threw caution to the winds and slammed it into her palm. Her hand locked around it and she turned and threw it into the lake. It fell into our blood. It began to sizzle and fizz. A hole started to form in it, like acid was eating away at it. I forced myself to watch.

Eris wasn't waiting around. She lept for the pendant. As her form started to come down, two lithe shapes slammed into her, knocking her out of the dried up lake, and pinning her down. I heard a growl. It was the lions. Eris screeched from under them, and her nails grew long, as she scratched and fought with them. I ignored her.

The chain was gone by now, and a hole was starting to form in the shell. As my eyes took it in, the lake started to refill itself. The little spot where I had poured the water gushing more of it out by the second. Our blood was washed away in the fast moving water, but the necklace stayed where it was, stuck. The water came in faster, and the necklace was soon lost underneath it. The last glimpse I saw of it was that the same force had destroyed almost half of the shell.

Eris kicked Dynatos away with a thrust of her foot. Axi growled and advanced on her. A knife shimmered into existence in her left hand and she lunged at him. Thalia and Luke escaped Rheas arms to help him. I raced over to the edge of the lake and bent down.

"Come on Seaweed Brain." I whispered, staring into the lake. The water reached the edge and abruptly stopped coming. I saw a shape rise up, and up.

The battle between Axi and Eris had gotten loud, and campers streamed out of their cabins. They watched the fight with wide eyes, not noticing Rhea. I saw a golden light getting closer to the surface of the water. I scrambled back from the edge and smiled as I watched Percy rise to the top of the water, and erupt out of it. A little hurricane had formed around him and his eyes blazed as he looked at the injured form of Dynatos. A harsh golden light outlined his shape. He landed on the shore and attacked Eris.

Fire scorched the goddess as she fought. Water knocked her down, breaking her focus when she tried any magic. The campers gasped as Thalia electrocuted the immortal. Luke kept creeping up behind her and slicing at her. I snapped myself out of my shock, and ran to help as well. She knocked out Thalia and Luke as the battle raged on. She threw me back into the lake. That only fueled Percy's rage, and he had her pinned in a few more seconds.

Riptide was at her throat, and she glared hatefully into Percy's face.

"You weren't supposed to get out of there!" She screeched. Percy brought Riptide a little closer, and her eyes widened in fear. Percy drew back his sword to send her to Tartarus when she knocked him to the side, and disappeared with another bright flash of light. Percy, ignoring the shocked campers, turned to me and said

"Annabeth." Then he collapsed.

A/N: Well Percy's back. What'd you guys think of that chapter? I like Eris. Shes a psycho path. Props to those of you guessed Percy was connected to the shell somehow, you were right. Explanations for how that spell worked will be coming in the next chapter. This next week I might not be able to update as much, because I have a camp I'm (being forced to) going to. I'm glad you guys have been appreciating the frequent updates! HOLY SCHNITZEL OVER 2K VIEWS GUYS. THAT'S SOME HUGE CRAP. The picture is what Eris looks like, only more feral.

Your Favorite Demigod,

Isa Rivers