The Lion Boy Part 1

Hestia POV

 I watched confused, as Poseidon deposited a small boy on the steps of my orphanage. This is what I did with my time when I wasn't on Olympus. He walked away crying, and when he was out of sight from the children mist traveled away. I walked down to the entrance. The kids seemed happy, and that made me happy. A lot of orphanages still weren't very kind, I took pride in the fact that mine was.

  I made my way to the newcomer, being sure to greet any of the others who came up to me. I picked him up and nearly dropped him in surprise. The small child absolutely radiated power, god and titan. I could feel the sea, which partly explained Poseidons appearance. The child must have been his son for the ocean to be running so strongly in his veins. What puzzled me however was the aura of power around him that reminded me of Hera, but it seemed older, more ancient, like my mother. Had she- she wouldn't! She never has! But I could feel it, Mother Rhea had blessed the small child sitting on my property. Just then the child opened his eyes,

 "Daddy?" He asked, looking confused. I smiled sadly.

 "No, not daddy. Hestia. I am Hestia. How old are you young one?" I asked gently.

  "Three and a half!" He stated proudly, making me chuckle.

  "Well a three and half year old like you must have a name, can you tell me what it is?"

 "Perseus, but I don't like that name. Mommy calls me Percy. She used to I mean." His eyes filled with tears, giving me the impression whoever he called mommy no longer walked the earth. 

 "Well I'll be your new mommy Percy, how about that?" Percy smiled and clapped his hands. "I'll take that as a yes then." I said chuckling. He nodded eagerly.

  I took his hand and led him inside. I showed him his room and he crawled on the bed, before I could ask him what he was doing, he was fast asleep. I smiled and got an idea. I walked up to the sleeping child and placed my hand on his. "If mother saw fit to bless you, you must be worthy. Anybody worthy of mother deserves my blessing as well." He was enveloped in a soft orange glow that remained around him, slowly sinking in with time. Percy smiled in his sleep. I brushed a stray piece of hair out of his face and left the room, closing the door gently behind me.