Chapter 17

I ran out the door, leaving Truth in the hallway. My mind was in a haze. I stuck my hand in my pocket, feeling the cold metal of the key I stole from the professor. The wind rushed towards me, my heart beating wildly, barely catching my breath.

     Why didn't I put it together earlier? The jelly in his nail, the push in the classroom, the hand, the appearances, the mind controls. IT WAS ALL HIM! But for what reason? UGH!

     I reached the gigantic door, dangling the key in front of it into the key hole. Praying it'd fit. I stuck it in and reluctantly turned it. "CLICK!" It worked! I hurriedly opened the door.

     I ran into the scene of Devin holding Zach against his will. His right arm around his neck and left arm empty.

     "Well, guess you found out Zodiac, you were just a little too late," Devin said as he looked up.

     It was a dark room with a bunch of screens showing around the school on a desk with a swirly black chair in front of it. Although more than half of the cameras showed the sky. Probably from it disappearing and crashing down.

     Devin looked down at my key, "did my dad give you that?" The professor walked in right there. "He stole it from me." Devin said.

     "Well son, well played." The professor said in a deep, husky voice. Devin took the voice changer, holding the button, "well done indeed." The announcement going on at the same time.

     I got angry, "he's your dad?" I asked. Devin nodded, "yup, and apparently yours too, right? Brother?" B-Brother? I tripped backwards, trying to catch my breath.

     "B-B-Brother?" I said out loud. Devin smiled, "yeah, well half." I looked at the professor, "and you.. my dad?!?" I felt disgusted, no even that wasn't enough to explain how I was feeling.

     "Explain, dad!" I said angrily. The professor sighed.

     "I loved your mother very much. But I didn't want you and your mom to get hurt. So I had to leave you guys. Although, I knew your mother would go search for me anyways. And the only other way was to cheat to make her give up." He said.

     He averted his green eyes, "then Devin's mom seduced me and I thought oh a golden opportunity. After that your mother hated me and I left his mom because I felt guilty for not loving her."

     I charged at the professor, lightly punching him multiple times on his chest. I cried, "why didn't you come back?"

     He had a sad look on him, "I'm sorry," trying to pull me in for a hug.

     I calmed down and stopped, getting up. Now that I look at him, he looked like me a lot. His jet black hair, charismatic presence, a handsome face and red eyes behind his green contacts.

     He took off his contacts. As I thought, he was the 13th zodiac. "Wait so, what does that make Devin?" I asked.

     "The 12th zodiac," Devin smiled, "I can manipulate and so much more, I caused everything, I'm pretty great aren't I?" I got disgusted every second that passed even more.

     "Why are you doing this Devin?" I asked. He got angry, "why? WHY? Because I had to suffer! My mom suicided after he left! Because he loved your stupid mom! I was sent to an abusive family and never treated right! I wasn't even borned before you so now I'm not even the 13th zodiac! It's all your fault. You even have his looks! So I will take everything you love away from you!"

     "Including yourself?" I asked angry. "HAH! Don't kid me, I'm not!" He replied. "Once I found out you were his other son, you couldn't believe how happy I was to find you! I spent months working enough power and plans to do this!"

     He was crazy. He was mental. He was stuck. He stabbed Zach in the back. Zach screamed, "NOOOOO! STOPPP!" He cried. My red eyes went up in flames. Devin stabbed him multiple times, drowning out Zach's screams. "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" I roared.

     The back of me was transforming. I felt something growing out my back. Two large black wings flew side to side on me. Everyone's aura turned green. Zach was dead.

     I flashed before Devin personally. He flinched. I pulled out my hand, gripping it on his throat. The professor fell back, "you're in full power. That's never happened! Except, except for the first 13th zodiac!" He gasped.

     Devin had a hard time breathing, dropping Zach's corpse and the knife. I held my grip tighter, almost breaking his bones.

     "ZODIAC!" The professor called. "STOP IT! YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM!" I gritted my hard chattered teeth, "what do you care? You've never acted like a father for the past 11 years! You choked him before too!"

     The professor choked back his words, "I'm here now! He had about the same situation as you! Think about it! And that was for a warning!" He knew about it, my past.

     I flash backed to my past, my eyes softening and my grip loosening. I let go completely.

     Devin fell back gasping for air. My eyes went to deep red and I learned to conceal my wings.

     Devin looked at me, obviously terrified. I raised out a hand to help him. He reluctantly took it, but it felt like he was forced to do it.

     He went on his knees, panting. I crossed my arms, "my dad left me, my mom didn't love me, abused me, and didn't even care for me, I was bullied, and friendless. Does that sound about the same to you?" His eyes widened.

     The professor was shocked, "I-I didn't know that," he said quietly.

     "Yeah apparently..." I replied softly. So he didn't know my past.

     Truth, Mag, and Troy ran into the room. "What happened?" They asked, looking around, they saw Zach's body.

     "We happened." I said.