Chapter 8

So Harry and I just sat on the couch, staring at the wall. He didn't say anything and neither did I. I couldn't believe he just kissed me. Why did he do that? Was it just a nice way of shutting me up? Or was there a deeper meaning? Harry finally broke the silence and interrupted my thoughts with another question.

"Were you really with Trent?" 

"No," I replied looking down at the floor.

"Oh," was all he said.

There was a long pause.

"Who was your first kiss?" he suddenly asked, startling me.

"You."

"The only time I ever kissed you was just now."

"Exactly."

"What about Zayn?"

"The closest we ever got, was kissing each other on the cheek."

"Oh...but why?"

Harry was getting kind of annoying now. What the heck was he doing here anyway?

"When Zayn and I started going out, I asked him to take it slow because I don't want to rush into things," I told Harry trying to hide how annoyed I was at that question.

Why did he care?

There was another long pause which was very awkward.

"What do you see in Zayn?" Harry blurted out.

"What kind of question is that?"

"I just want to know why you're so interested in him."

"Well he's sweet, kind, loving, caring, funny and most definitely understanding...unlike some people," I muttered that last part hoping that he didn't hear but unfortunately, he did.

"Are you saying that I am not sweet, kind, loving, caring, funny or understanding?"

"I don't know if you're sweet or caring or anything like that, but I know that you're not understanding," I said avoiding eye contact.

"You know that I'm caring, remember how we met? And why would you say that I'm not 'understanding'?"

"Yes I do remember how we met and do you not remember prom night? Don't you remember how you jumped to conclusions? Why in the world did you do that? Why would you have cared so much anyway?" I wanted to scream, or maybe cry, whatever I did I wanted to let these emotions out of me.

"I remember. I cared because I was your friend."

"Trent was my friend. Melanie was my friend. Jasmine too. They didn't share your reaction."

"Well maybe I was just a little tiny bit jealous."

"Why would you be?"

"I don't know, Allison. Maybe it's because I lo-"

He was cut off by his phone beeping. He took it out of his pocket and looked at the screen. It was a text because it looked like if he sent a reply.

"What were you saying?"

"Nothing, but I gotta go now."

"Ok."

I led Harry to the door. 

"I enjoyed catching up with you," he told me.

"Yeeaaahh, me too?" I was confused.

Harry then brought his lips back to mine and kissed me again.

"Bye, Allison," he said and left.

I closed the door. Harry was acting strange. He kissed me twice in one day, which were my first and second kiss. What was up with him? The thing was that I actually enjoyed spending time with him too, and when he kissed me, it was magical. It felt like there were fireworks exploding in my stomach, but in a good way. What really worried me was, how was I going to tell Zayn?

-----------------FRIDAY EVENING-------------------

I gave up working the night shifts on Fridays at the club so I could spend more time with Zayn. I was at the boys' house sitting out in the backyard with Zayn. I hadn't told him that I kissed Harry but I was planning on telling him here.

"Zayn, remember that day when you took me bowling?"

"Yeah."

"And that you dropped me off at my appartment after we ate dinner?"

"Yes."

"Well after you dropped me off, Harry visited me at my apartment."

"Yeah ok," his expression was slightly confused.

"Harry and I talked  bit...and then..he...well.."

"He what?"

"He and I kissed...twice."

"Oh ok."

Zayn's hands were now fists and I could tell that he wanted to punch something. After a few minutes, he finally calmed down and his fists unclenched.

"Do you still have feelings for him?" Zayn asked.

"I'm not going to lie but I actually don't know. I think so, but I'm not sure. Do you hate me?"

"No sweetheart. I won't ever hate you. Just because you might soon be Harry's girlfriend doesn't mean that I'll hate you."

"Thanks Zayn, for understanding me better than anyone else ever will."

"One last thing though, Allison."

"What is it?"

"Can I kiss you?" 

I smiled and slightly blushed before I nodded.

Zayn's lips met mine and moved perfectly in sync. He was a great kisser. His lips were so soft and gentle. Although Zayn's kiss felt so good that I could melt, I didn't feel the fireworks that I felt with Harry. 

Harry's P.O.V.

I was looking for Allison. I really wanted to talk to her again. I wondered if she told Zayn that we kissed. I wondered how he would react. Would he be angry? Or would he be understanding like how Allison described him. My thoughts were interrupted by the sight I saw ahead of me.

In our backyard, Allison and Zayn were full-on snogging like they had no cares in the world. That just made me so...ugh! I stomped off before they could see me and left.

Allison's P.O.V.

Zayn pulled away and we got up to see what the others were doing inside. Before we made it inside though, I stopped Zayn.

"Could you please not tell Harry that we're not together anymore?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, but may I ask why?"

"I don't know if he has feelings for me, the way I do to him, so I don't want to seem like a fool if he thinks I'm stupid for leaving you for him. If he does have feelings for me, I want him to tell me on his own."

"It's ok, I won't tell him." Zayn assured me, he was such a great friend.

We then walked in and joined the others, but Harry wasn't there. Liam said that he literally marched out the door but he didn't say where he was going. Louis then added in that he seemed upset. Where did Harry go?