Chapter 6

The next day, Zayn called and arranged for us to meet up for coffee. After our coffee date, he took me to his house, where he lived with his bandmates. I was really excited to meet them, until I saw Harry. When we entered the house, the guys stood waiting to meet me and I greeted each one with a smile and shook each one's hand, until I reached Harry.

It was silent and he just stood there staring at me. I was starting to think that he had actually recognised me.

"Allison?" I heard him mutter.

I just nodded and walked back over to Zayn, not looking at Harry at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                       2 WEEKS LATER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zayn and I have been going out for two weeks and we've really gotten to know each other. He's told me a lot about himself and I've almost told him everything about me, except for my past with the famous Harry Styles. Zayn knows that there's something between us from the way we act around each other. Like when I'm giving the boys hugs, I always use some excuse to avoid hugging Harry.

So on Friday evening after working my shift at work, I went over to the boys' house and spent the night there. This was the second time I had spent the night since I met Zayn. I woke up around 7 or 8 on Saturday morning and headed downstairs to make some breakfast. I walked sleepily down the stairs and saw that no one else was awake so I would make breakfast for myself.

I opened the fridge and searched for the eggs. I found them and took out. While mixing them I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. 

"Hi there," I spun on my heels to see Harry standing opposite me with no shirt on and a head of messy curls.

"Hi," I said bluntly.

I still had feelings for him, no matter what. Ever since what happened on prom night though, I tried my best not to think about him, and even to forget he even existed, but that was not possible. I continued with the eggs, with my back to Harry, completely ignoring him. Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer. I looked up and tried to escape Harry's grip, but he was holding me too tightly. 

"Harry, let me go!" I told him slightly annoyed.

"Why babe?" 

"Because I don't like you, Harry."

"We really need to talk Allison."

"About what?"

"About us?"

"What about us Harry?"

I finally escaped his strong grip and was staring right at him. Before he could answer though, Zayn came down and I greeted him with a hug and a smile. 

"Good morning babe," Zayn said and kissed my cheek.

"Morning sweetie."

Zayn wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his side.

"So what were you guys talking about?" Zayn asked.

"Breakfast," I answered immediately.

Zayn led me into another room and looked me in the eye.

"Is there something you want to talk about?" he asked.

"No, why would you ask that?"

"I've noticed the way you act around Harry, would you care to explain?"

I sat down and Zayn followed. I explained what happened in my past to him. While talking, I hadn't realised that my eyes began to water and tears started to slowly run down my cheek. Zayn came next to me and comforted me which felt really nice. He was so sweet. When I was done, Zayn started talking.

"Do you still have feelings for him?" Zayn questioned.

"I-I-I really don't know," I replied.

"That's okay sweetheart."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                  LATER THAT DAY

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent the day with the guys, geting to know them better while avoiding Harry. We were in the living room, watching Toy Story because Liam insisted and I got up to get more popcorn. Let's just say a certain blonde guy ate it out. While waiting for the popcorn, Harry walked in and stood next to me.

"Listen, we really need to talk," he told me again.

Harry's P.O.V.

"Listen, we really need to talk," I told her.

"About what?" she was annoyed with me.

"About us."

"Ok listen Harry. There is no us. There never was an us and there never will be an us, so just leave me alone."

"But Allison, I really want to say something that I think you should hear."

"What?"

"I- eh err I-I I eh I'm sorry."

Her glaring gaze softened.

"Allison, I'm really sorry for not defending you when Britney threw coffee on you, I'm also very sorry for saying what I said to you on prom night. I have to apologise for completely ignoring you after prom night too. I just want you to know how sorry I am and how much I want things to go back to the way they were before. When we were friends."

Allison looked like she was in a daze. I don't think she had noticed how close I went to her and that I was now stroking her cheek with my thumb. She wasn't even blinking. She just stood there.

I was so glad to finally have apologised to her but, that's not what I wanted to talk about. I was really going to say "I love you."