11 |Why Can't I Do It?|

I finally updated omggg

Above is Mrs Inorpe!

This chap is dedicated to the one that was painstakingly nice when I didn't update on time, and was so encouraging to me!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Stop beating about...' I sighed deeply and spat out the question for the last time.

'Do you think I'm the wrong one here?'

On the other end of the phone, Naomi stammered. The last ten times I had tried to get her advice about the situation Adrian and I were in, she had said a confusing mix of yes, no and maybe. As I sat on my loft bed crossed legged, I wondered for the millionth time whether I was wasting my energy.

'I think that-' She started.

I couldn't take this any more. I had tried to tamp down my mouth the previous times, but this time I wasn't so lucky.

'Just say I'm wrong already!' I burst out, throwing my free hand out.

Her response was immediate and shrill in my ear. 'Okay! You're wrong! It's all your fault. Now solve your damn problem and make sure you forgive the poor boy.' She snapped.

Yes, that's what I wanted.

But each word still stabbed my heart, because the stubborn half of my brain was refusing to listen. I started breathing heavily but not saying anything as Naomi continued to speak.

It had always taken a lot to get my friends to make me feel awful about anything bad I had done and I was the type to beg them to scold me. In usual cases, I would have turned to my clique chat group, but after I had gotten my new 'phone', I hadn't been able to stay connected with many of them, except Naomi and two others.

Naomi (Nao), Sandra, and Amanda were now my solid ground. Beat couldn't help much, because it 'wasn't her problem' and the boys wouldn't stop shoving each other long enough to help much either.

My eyes started to become unfocused as I stared at the bed sheet, thinking about what to do and how to do it, letting the drone of Naomi's voice lull me further.

Maybe I could get all the boys to-

'Hey did you die?!' Naomi shrieked In my ear, disrupting my thoughts. She was clearly rattled by my silence. Lying down on my bed slowly, I let out a large breath. 'No..' I murmured. 'I'm just thinking...' I rolled onto my back.

'Come on Chlo, this shouldn't be hard for you. You had to deal with Nan before remember?'

'Ha her...' I thought back to my last year in my previous school.

Nan, one of my closest friends, had started our relationship by being the most annoying table partner in the history of table partners. Though she had gotten a million freak outs and hair tears from me, we were still friends.

'Yeah true. I've got to have gotten some achievement unlocked for that' I chirped, causing a good natured chuckle from Naomi.

'Exactly. You could deal with that crazy girl, I'm sure you can deal with this boy who is obviously crazy for you.' My stomach did a flip at the comment, and I giggled at the hint of playfulness and sass in her voice.

'Oh shut up you.' For half a second, I contemplated what it would be like if we were together but scolded myself inwardly for thinking so much. Suddenly an idea popped into my head.

Maybe I could analyse the way he apologised in his many texts to me and make my apology.

'He what?!' Nao yelled.