10 |I Don't Want To Think About It|

Hey guys, can I just say sorry x million for not updating earlier?? SORRYxmillion

This chap is dedicated to the one who absolutely freaks whenever I update :D Love ya hun!! <3

Above is Beatrice!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I can't! I can't right now! Ju-just call Beat or something. Use your Google maps.' I ran my free hand through my flowing hair, feeling my fringe fall back slowly to my face. Adrian was late. Very late. Apparently, he had been held up at his basketball practice in school.

'What do you mean you don't have 3G?' I groaned in frustration and threw my hands about. 'I don't know Ad. I have to go. Just figure something out.' I quickly hung up and faced a worried looking Beat and Balram. We three, with Hugo, Yosef, and Selwin were in the second level study room. We were supposed to work on our Grade 10 video project but now that one of our actors was missing, we could not do much. I glared around the place and at the orderly bookshelves, which Hugo was banging his forehead against. I could vaguely hear mumbling.

Why the heck was he annoyed. He wasn't the one yelling very clear instructions to a very confused boy.

When I signalled Yosef to calm him down, he plodded over to do so. Selwin on the other hand, shook his head. He was sprawled on my black sofa, his foot propped on his knee. Obviously indifferent to the situation, he examined his fingernails. I turned to Beat. 'Ad's gonna call you. Direct him here okay?' She nodded hesitantly, and started to stutter, 'I barely know the way mys-'

'I can help' Balram interrupted. I looked up at Balram's towering figure and and watched him push his glasses up the bridge of his nose. 'Thank you Balram' I gave him a small smile. My smile fell as I heard the millionth angry yell from my parents downstairs. 'I'm coming!' I shouted, running out of the room and down the corridor. As I neared the stairs, I distinctly heard Balram apologizing to Beat for interrupting her. I grinned. Balram's formality always amused me. This time however, it did not last for long. My parents called me again. 'I said I'm coming!' I hollered. I had responded with that about a hundred times.

They'll definitely be pissed.

As I hurtled into the living room, I saw that my family was already about a quarter way into lunch. I didn't complain. If they had been waiting for me to start eating with them, I would definitely be their meal.

Quietly sitting down, I started a stare down with my macaroni - Saturday's typical meal. I felt my father's glare on me so I hurriedly grabbed my spoon, and started to eat. We ate in an awkward silence. Nobody spoke, and I kept my eyes on my food. Just as I finished, the doorbell rang.

Adrian.

'I'll get that' I told my confused-looking parents. After shoving the remaining food in my mouth, I scurried to the door, swung it open and was met with a panting Adrian. He wore a grey shirt that was half soaked in sweat and some of his hair stuck to his forehead. He groped about the door frame, trying to enter the house. I raised my eyebrow at him. His hands returned to his sides.

'Can I come in?' He asked, his voice monotonous, giving me a pointed look. I squinted my eyes at his rude tone but nodded and left the door, going up the stairs. I looked back to see him slowly closing the door, and nodding at my parents at the dining table. As he threw his shoes off and turned to walk behind me, still not say anything. Adrian was acting strange, probably annoyed that I hadn't given him any help in getting to my house.

It wasn't my fault my parents kept calling me... And how could he have forgotten the way? He had been here with me before.

He walked past me into the room and I caught a whiff of his strong sweat smell. I held in a grimace and spoke. 'Ad' I snapped, crossing my arms. I wanted to resolve this small issue quickly. He turned to me violently, his nostrils flaring.