{6}

Thank you so much for 96 reads I'm so happy. It would be amazing if we get past 100 and maybe some more votes please. The support is always so amazing!!!
——————————————————————

*Adam's Pov*

I ran my hands through my hair as I walked towards the lunch room. I had to break up with my girlfriend, the girl that my parents wanted me to mate with and make Luna, and I didn't even want her to be Luna but it was what my parents wanted and everyone thought I was mateless. Now proving them wrong was a stubborn she-wolf who has no understanding or knowledge of my world, making this so much more complicated.

My parents always seemed to like Lexi, she always acted so polite and down to earth when they were around but they don't know what she is really like. The girl doesn't have a sense of compassion, is incredibly selfish and isn't anything like Ariana. I knew she manipulated my family to try and become Luna, thinking I would just give in and mark her but something was holding me back and I finally found the cause of this.

As I walked into the lunchroom it goes silent, pack members bow their heads at me and look away, being able to sense the animosity in the air, and the humans look on unknowingly and blissfully unaware to the supernatural world.

Once I reach my table,the popular table, I smile at my Beta who raises an eyebrow before turning to Lexi. The smile on my face is immediately removed as I see the daggers directed at me and I feel myself slipping more and more into my Alpha mode. Aware of the humans around, I take a deep breath and say
"we need to talk alone", already knowing that my pack members will be able to hear every word of our conversation.

She looks at me stubbornly for a second and then replies snootily "you can say whatever you want right here mate" with a harsh twist hanging onto her sentence.

I sighed and looked at her glare before whispering "I tried to do this in a more private and less embarrassing way but I'm breaking up with you". My friends gasp and look around wondering if this was a joke. My beta nods with a smirk on his face, knowing I didn't want to be with her anyway.

I hear a manic screech and turn to see crocodile tears rolling down Lexi's face as her friends try to console her. "It's because of that mutt isn't it? I'm your mate, not her! You need to get this crazy infatuation out of your head and realise that you are my mate. You are going to mark me and I will be your Luna before the end of this year" she angrily mutters knowing that she can't risk the humans finding out about our secret.

Everybody with wolf hearing would have been able to hear our conversation and frantic whispers circulate the lunch room for their Alpha supposedly rejecting his chosen mate, for no reason.

I angrily move closer to Lexi before angrily spitting my words "Listen Lexi, I've told you time and time again that you aren't my real mate, my parents only forced me to fake being with you because they thought I wouldn't have a mate, and I've decided that I am the Alpha and I will do what I want in regards to my future with my Luna, who isn't you. It's someone very special to me and I intend to keep her by my side. Now show some respect and dignity"

*Ariana's Pov*

I open the door to the lunch room, finding it oddly quiet and try to spot Faith whilst avoiding attention as everyone turns to look at me. My eyes are automatically drawn to Adam but I look away, not wanting to lead him on and still feeling very confused from earlier. We were just friends, not even that really, and he has a girlfriend.

I'm brought out of my internal struggles as I spot Faith with some other girls. I quickly walk over to the table and awkwardly sit next to Faith whilst looking shyly around.

I'm slowly introduced to everyone around the table and I can tell that these girls are nothing like Lexi or the girls she hangs about with. Gracie has long black wavy hair and the nicest dark brown eyes. Courtney has long blonde hair and mysterious blue grey eyes and is wearing nearly all pink and pastels.

We talked for a little about what we do in our free time and funnily enough they do a lot of the same sports as me. I told them that I want to join the football and running teams and I'm gonna try to go for captain because that's what I was in my previous schools. And I won't lie but knowing Lexi is captain in both just made it a little better but nothing wrong with some not so healthy competition.

But then the room went silent as we heard shouting from the table that Adam and Lexi were sitting at.

"...but I'm breaking up with you" Adam said practically loud enough for the whole school to hear. And my heart leaps out of my chest knowing that there is a small possibly that he did this for me.

They carry on arguing and I once again start overthinking and daydreaming about Adam and who he is before I'm suddenly hit with reality and a cold smoothie. I look towards Faith who looks as shocked as me before looking at the culprit, already knowing it's Lexi smirking back at me.

I'm suddenly overcome with a strong feeling of angry and that was all it took before I stood up and pinned her up against the wall "what the hell was that" I shouted tightening my grip on her shoulder.

"This wouldn't have happened if you stayed out of my relationship and didn't kiss Adam" she spat our at me before trying to get out of my grip.

I angrily say "it's not my fault that we were given the kissing scene and sorry Lexi but if one kiss was all it took for him to break up with you, he clearly wasn't interested in you anyway so leave me alone and stop acting like an embarrassment" I turn away and don't really think before my milkshake is thrown over her perfectly curled hair. "Oh sorry but drinks look so much better spilt over you"

There was a silence before a round of whispers continued. I decided that I'd had enough of the drama and  turned around to walk out but as I did she pulled my hair back, trying to start a fight with me. As I turned to face her she slapped me hard across my cheek. I quickly reacted and punched her straight in the eye knowing immediately that it would swell and bruise. Before she could slap me again, I grabbed her hand and slowly said "try that again and the results will be much worse".

I dramatically bow towards her and start walking out of the room knowing I was in trouble but turned my head and shouted "oh and Lexi, don't pick fights where you don't have a chance", letting the door swing as I exited. I huffed out a breath and leaned against the wall. It suddenly hit me that I just punched Lexi.

Just as I'm about to start walking Adam walks out of the room in a rush. I say sorry and go to move out of his way but he rushes straight up to me and hugs me, burying his head in my hair for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and moves to look at my slightly swollen cheek.

"It doesn't even hurt..." I lie before wincing as he moves his thumb over the redness.

He looks concerned as he puts his hand on my lower back and starts leading me somewhere. "Let's get you to the nurse mat- Ariana" I look at him with confusion but not disagreeing with him or the pleasurable tingles where his hands were resting.

"Look I know I shouldn't have punched her but I was so mad and-" I ramble out "- I don't blame you, it was actually really hot" he replies with a shrug of the shoulders.

I ignore what he says and look down slightly blushing, hoping he can't see my red cheeks. But to no avail as when I look back at him he is smirking at me.

I awkwardly look away before sighing and suggesting that we need to get to class so I continue walking. He huffs behind me and catches up, stopping me just outside the classroom door before reminding me that he wants to come round my house. I nod and swallow hard before hesitantly opening the door.

We walked in to a sight I really didn't expect to see. It was....