{2}

As I walked through the never ending hallways to get to music class, I wondered if I was even going the right way, I was already 15 minutes late.

I kept walking until I came across a tall brown haired boy, wearing a leather jacket and ripped jeans, he was watching me, I thought it would be best to just continue on and find my own way to class, even if it would take longer.

When I finally found the room, I took a deep breath and walked in. The room went silent and everybody's heads turned in my direction. Wiping my hands along my denim jacket as I walked up to the teachers desk and told her that I was joining her class. I thought she would just tell me to go sit down, find a seat and carry on with the class but instead she wanted me to tell her, and the class.

She started asking the casual and rehearsed questions that I had answered many times before as I looked around the room with interest, I just wanted to sit down and not have to do this over and over again, I guess it was my own fault though, maybe this time I will try and actually stick with the school.

Finally she asked a question that I hadn't heard many times before, mainly because the teachers has always been told about my bad behaviour.

"What made you decide to come here? I heard that you went to private school before?" She asked with a curiousness and the classed nodded along with an increased interest.

I told her that I had been kicked out of the past 5 private schools I had been to, but also because my mum thought I needed a change, that would hopefully put me on the right track and maybe it would. Due to the whole reasoning of me hating private school was because everyone was so proper and almost like carbon copies of each other. It was repetitive and boring. I couldn't deal with it. It never made me happy.

In response to this my teacher looked at me with hesitation and suggested that I act better and it would help me in the long run. I knew it would but did I actually care if it would?

"Whatever" I replied in a hushed whisper as I looked around at the other students in the room. Some girls were looking at me with squinted glares. Others smiling and hopefully wanting to be friends. The majority of the boys would smirk and look towards their friends as I talked. They were all the same though, all fake and only wanting a pretty girl to call theirs.

"Well my last question would be, can you sing or have you got any musical talents?" She asked whilst standing up from her desk and walking towards the white board.

I hesitated whilst telling her that I had private singing lessons for the last three years but refused when she asked me to sing, not wanting others to know of my stage fright whilst singing in front of people. Singing let's me escape, it allows me to truly be myself, without the worry of anyone listening in on me or judging me.

After our long winded conversation the bell rang. The teacher looked shocked as everyone began moving from their chairs and whispering to their friends about the gossip of the new girl. I slowly walked out of the classroom and onto the pathway outside where everyone meets up for lunch, and shuffle from foot to foot. I then notice a group of girls sitting on a bench and talking loudly about me.

I looked around and found that everybody was looking at me to see if I would confront them or walk away. The area went quiet but the girls kept taking, oblivious to their surroundings as they continued to gossip about me. I started towards them as the leader said "She's the honestly the ugliest person I have ever seen in my life, why would anyone be interested in her, especially with the way that Brody is looking at her".

I looked around and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary until I saw the same brown haired and mysterious boy glaring at me and starting to walk over. I shook my head, ignoring him and looked back and the girls as they finally noticed my presence.

"Well I'm sorry to say but you much be very ignorant to the state of yourself then. Don't judge people unless you want to be judged, it isn't nice and just makes you look even more fake and worthless." Everybody laughed at that comment, as they main leader turned around and huffed whilst flipping her hair over her shoulder as she looked me up and down. I felt a strong sense of respect for myself as her face turned bright red and looked as if she would explode any minute.

"You can talk, do you even wear makeup?" She shouted, making sure everyone could hear as she and her friends laughed.

I just laughed and shook my head whilst saying "Yes I do actually, but I apply it right and don't judge others on how they do theirs, and anyway, outside beauty isn't everything and your inner ugliness is what makes you truly hideous"

She stuttered and looked around whilst quickly saying "You're like a penny, two faced and worthless" but smirked and looked at her friends, seeming very pleased with herself.

"Actually, I think the real insult is that you are the penny because you are two faced,worthless and in everybody's pants" I said whilst looking over my shoulder to see the boy quite close to me. With that I decided to walk off and cool down, deciding that if I actually wanted to stay here, I would have to step up and act more responsible. I knew what I said could've been seen as uncalled for but realistically, I was doing a lot of people a favour and really didn't want for this girl to think she could walk all over me.

As I left, I faintly heard a voice calling me as I entered the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I ignored them and examined my face as I was sure that I saw the faintest of yellow in my eyes but shrugged it off as my anger making me see things.