{1}

"Really mum? This is the school that we travelled all this way for?" I questioned as I looked at the stained brick red walls of the large building.

"We'll I'm sorry Ariana but you have already been kicked out of the best 5 schools around the country, you don't get to choose what school you go to anymore, this is my decision and this is where you are going to stay until you graduate" My mom replied in an obviously annoyed tone.

The problem with my relationship with my mother is that she just wants me to be exactly like my step sisters, Lindsey and Rachel. She thinks that they are the perfect daughters because they listen to her and want to spend time with her but what she doesn't understand is that they are the problem. She has been so starstruck in her new marriage, that she's forgotten about her other daughter.

That's one of the reasons that I am the way that I am. I don't want to be like my step sisters and I don't want to go to the same private school as them where you all have to wear the same itchy uniform and have to act proper and as carbon copies of one another. I just don't want that lifestyle. I like my individuality. I liked my old life. I liked my old friends. It just doesn't matter what I want in my mum's eyes.

Most of the schools I've had to go to for the last few years are surrounded by gated areas and have teachers patrolling the site. This feels different, the organic brick building is surrounded by trees and benches for people to sit on and talk to their friends. There are groups of people sitting around on the floor, doing nothing and worrying about nothing. I wasn't about to let my mum know that I liked it here but it just felt different, like something was drawing me in and made me never want to leave.

I shook my head to get rid of the blurred and fuzzy thoughts and walked along the cobbled pathway. As I walked, I saw many people looking at me inquisitively. Some girls glared and others purely looked in curiosity. Some boys looked at me like I was fresh meat and others just seemed uninterested. They were looks that I was used to and they didn't really faze me.

I travel to school on my motorcycle. It was a present for myself, from myself when I got access to my bank account that my dad left me money in before he left. My mum didn't support my choice in a brand new cherry red motorbike but it wasn't her choice. She thought it would just be more simple for me to get a lift with her to school but I like my freedom and as she drives off and leaves me to start another first day at another new school, I appreciate my decision even more.

I slowly walked through the blue double doors leading to a new, clean and white reception area. One long sofa covered in red cushion and support posters on the wall caught my eye but I turned away from them as I approached the front desk and waited for the receptionist to see me. I may be rebellious but I still have some manners when I need help from others. Like most receptionists I have met in my life, she ignored me just carried on her conversation about how her boyfriend proposed over the weekend. I got bored of waiting and didn't appreciate the lack of respect back and cleared my throat.

She looked shocked at my attitude as I tapped my hand against the white desk and started shooting daggers at me. If looks could kill I'd probably be dead many times over by now.

I'm my whole life, I have yet to meet a receptionist who wasn't covered in heavy and overdone makeup and with clothes on that really didn't look like they were meant to fit her but more someone about 10 years younger.

"Excuse me Miss but I was in the middle of a very important discussion and I didn't want to be disturbed" she said in a disgusted tone.

"Unless you're blind and deaf then you clearly see that I've been standing here for 5 minutes and I could hear your conversation very clearly. Please just do your job and just give me the my schedule and everything else I might need. Thanks" I replied sarcastically and in a low mocking tone. It seems that when adults get treated with the same lack of respect that they give to younger people, they lose their ability to speak and feel incredibly embarrassed.

The receptionist looked at me and cleared her throats before saying "Name" shakily

"Ariana Summerson" I replied in a neutral tone whilst looking bored for the receptionist making me wait so long.

"Here you go Ariana" She snootily shoved the papers in my hands and shooed me away to avoid further confrontation and I quickly took them as I walked off. Before I left through the same double doors as before, I turned my head and said "Thank you so much" in the most sarcastic way possible.

As I walk through the doors, I suddenly bump into another person, I angrily start to pick up my papers and mutter some sort of apology. I finally grab all of my papers and stand only to come face to face with one of the most attractive boys that I have ever met in my whole life. His bright baby blue eyes stand out against his dyed blonde hair and his smile, I can't describe the smile he gave me when we made eye contact. I can already tell that he isn't my type in the slightest. I am normally attracted to bad boys with dark hair and mysterious features that wear leather jackets and ride motorcycles. This boy is a stereotypical jock, down to the school football jacket he is wearing. Something is just different about him, and I don't like it.

"Hey georgous, I'm Adam and you are?" He says cockily. I think that I was thinking a little too highly of him until he opened his mouth and quickly get rid of any wandering thoughts that I might've had previously.

"Not interested" I quickly resort whilst patting myself on the back for my quick thinking. Whilst he looked slightly stunned and hurt I shove him out of my way. Before I fully leave he grabs hold of my wrist and turns me around backing me into a locker.

I angrily look around at the people around me and try to move out of his hold. "I don't think I got your name, baby?" He says huskily whilst looking down at me. I angrily move away from him and try to escape as the first bell rings but he is inevitably stronger than me and I just resort to looking away and ignoring him, hoping that he will leave. Everyone else begins to leave as they rush to class but it seems like he has other plans when he moves even closer to me, to a point in which our noses are nearly touching and says "please don't make me repeat myself, you wouldn't want to see how angry I could get". To try to avoid this confrontation and get to class semi on time, I quickly and quietly tell him my name, never feeling so unsure and vulnerable with myself and my power.

He then lightly smiles and lets me go whilst walking in the other direction to where my fist class is. Only once he leaves the hallway do I finally release the haggard breath that was caught in my throat. I shake my head and feel angry at myself for appearing so weak and easily able to control. I then start moving towards my classroom with tense shoulders and promise myself that I won't fall for this weird and domineering boy.

Even though unconsciously I know that I probably will start to fall for him in the end.