Chapter 11: Oh! Darling

It was now the night before we went back to school after Christmas break and my first time going back to school after Rob dying. I wasn't prepared to go back, I was afraid they would say things about him and I wasn't ready for that. I layed in bed waiting for Paul to get out of the shower, it was dark in our room besides the little lamp next to our bed. The dimness of it gave me a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach but I didn't know what it was. Paul walked into the room his hair was drenched he was wrapped up in a towel.

"Hey," I said, he just smiled at me and took his towel off, his back facing toward me as he wiped off. I kicked his butt a little. He turned around and picked me up, I was laughing so hard.

"Stop it," He laughed and put me back down on the bed. He shook his wet hair off all over the room it got me all wet. 

"Ugh I hate you, Paul!" I laughed as he kept shaking it. I threw his towel at him, "Use this you idiot," He laughed as he started to wipe his hair with the towel. 

"You know, I love bugging the crap out of you because I love you," He said looking at my through the mirror as me combed his hair, he now stopped slicking it back he just wore it flopping around. It was sexy, I loved it more than slicked back honestly. 

"I know and I love bugging the crap out of you," I said as he put his pajamas on and walked out of the room to bring his towel back in the bathroom. I just sat there waiting for him to come back so we could talk before we went to sleep. I needed to just talk to him, I was too anxious about going to school the next day. He walked back in and came straight to me, I kissed him long and hard. "I just want to say I love you a lot, you're the cutest guy ever and the only one for me," I pulled him into the bed with me, I had my hands in his still damp hair. 

"I love you too so much, and I don't need or want any other girl. You're perfect to me just the way you are," He whispered looking into my eyes as I held him in my arms. "I know you don't want to go back to school tomorrow but don't worry I'll be there with you," 

"I know, it's just you know how they used to say shit about Rob, I'm not ready for that it's only been a little over 2 weeks," I said as he layed down and I put my head on his chest. 

"I know but just I know it's not easy but try to ignore whatever they say. I know you're not good at ignoring things people say to you especially hurtful things. Don't let anyone know you're having a baby either yet, they'll definitely start shit with us," Paul said looking down at me. He just kept rubbing my back trying to make me feel better. 

"You know I was thinking about graduation too.. do you think my mom or my dad will come to our graduation? I really don't want to see them," I said putting my right hand on his leg. He looked at me like he was thinking.

"I know you don't want to see them and I don't either, I don't blame you. I just don't know, I don't know why it's been over a week since Christmas and she hasn't even cared enough to come looking for you. Like is that how much she cares for her daughter to not even go looking for her?" He said he looked mad. He of course loved me being around him all the time and living with him, but he just hated how my parents treated me.

"I don't know neither of them give a shit about me, that's it. They don't even care about Charlie either. Wait until something happens to one of us like Rob then they'll be upset that's when they'll care," I said as tears fell from my eyes. "I'm having their grandchild but they don't even care about that. Will they even care that we're getting married either? I doubt it," I was crying on his chest. 

"Don't think about them, they are so not worth it really," He said turning the light off now, we just layed in the dark. 

"I know it's just that.. that is hard since they are my parents," I whispered my voice cracked a little. "My dad has always been.. you know, but what is surprising to me is how my mom is being with me," I was getting Paul's shirt soaked from the my tears. "I'm sorry, Paul I'm getting your shirt all wet, I'm so sorry," I just kepting crying on him though, he stroaked my hair trying to calm me.