"So Martino is going after this guy alright? But he hates gay bars, he feels uncomfortable in them but this guy is the bartender so Martino that ass dragged me here only to leave me an hour in to make the bartender jealous! So now I've secluded myself in the girls bathroom."

"Is that why it's so quiet," I whisper, creeping closer to the door.

"Can you seriously not hear what's happening a stall over right now," she asks surprised.

"What do you mean," I laugh. I wrap my hand around the door knob, ready to push it open and catch my sister in the act.

"Um this," she says before pulling the phone away from me and towards the distinct sound of a woman moaning and hitting the side of the stall.

"Wait a second," I say, connecting the dots. "Are you honestly in New York right now?"

"Where else would I be," she asks confused.

I push open the bed room door, forgetting about the number one rule I've made for myself while watching scary movies: never go towards the killer.

Just as the door slams against the wall I see a figure jump off the ledge of the balcony past the open French doors. I can't hold back the scream that escapes my throat. Fear creeps into my bones and my nerves are sent hay wire.

My sister yells for me from my phone on the ground that I hadn't noticed I dropped. I pick it up quickly and press it to my ear as I run towards the doors and slam them shut, locking them too.

"Sadie are you okay? What's going on?"

"I'm fine," I assure her, "there was-"

A hand reaches out to grab my shoulder and on instinct I whip around and slam my phone into his face, making him stumble onto the bed, groaning in pain.

"Sadie," my sister yells again louder and more frantic.

"It's just Bash," I say angrily when I take notice of his face, "I'll call you tomorrow okay?"

I hang up the phone, not waiting for her response.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here Bash? Why would you scare me like that," I yell.

He stands up from the bed, holding his cheek in his hand. "I heard you scream."

I analyze his body suspiciously which looks the same as before of course. "How did you hear me scream? Were you in my house?"

"I just came through the front door and why the hell did you have to hit me with your phone? That hurt like a bitch."

"Well don't creep up on my like that! And you have no right to use that key anymore!" I yank the extra house key I gave him weeks ago before he left, out of his grasp.

"Why did you scream Sadie? Are you hurt?"

"No," I turn back around to look out to the back yard. Whoever was here is long gone by now. "I was just spooked, that's all."

"Do you want some water or something?" He rests a hand on my shoulder, spinning me back around. "We need to talk."

I subconsciously bite my lip. "Yeah we do." I walk past him, back out into the hallway and towards the stairs. "Sorry for hitting you by the way. It doesn't hurt that bad does it?"

"It hurt like a bitch," he mutters, "but it won't bruise if that's what you're asking."

When I get half way down the stairs I look back up wards to him. He doesn't look any different than he did a few weeks ago. I don't know why I expected to see a drastic change in him. "Good." I turn back around, feeling the tension ensue around us like a tight hug.