76: This Final Goodbye

~Three weeks later~

I sob into Sebastian's chest harder than I have ever cried in my entire life.

"Blondie," he laughs merrily. "It's only boot camp. I'll be home in six weeks."

"I know," I cry and pull away. "But I'm going to miss you."

"I'll be home in time for Prom baby," he says sweetly, kissing my forehead.

"That's not what I'm sad about and you know I don't want to go to Prom anyways." I straighten his shirt which has a few wet patches of my tears on it.

"Then we'll spend the night doing something else," he says huskily even though my Dad is standing five feet away. Thank goodness though that his eyes are glued onto a woman passing by with a little boy in her arms.

"Sebastian," I scold and smack his chest playfully even though I feel the desire brew within me.

"Your Dad isn't paying attention babe," he says smiling. "He's been on the prowl for a week now, looking at any young pretty thing passing by."

"Ugh," I groan. "Don't remind me please. He's seeming to enjoy the chase too much now."

"It's not a chase if most of the women are flocking to him."

"Let's stop talking about my Dad and how he looks a like a double of George Clooney. You have no idea how many of my teachers have already told me that this past two weeks alone."

"At least he's getting out there," he laughs. "Most men his age who go through divorces don't find women until years after, if ever."

"Well I'm glad my dad is considered 'hot' to the female population than," I grumble.

"Be happy for him baby," he murmurs against my neck.

"I am," I whisper back. "I'm beyond happy for him. I'm just upset about seeing you leave."

"I'll come back Blondie," he says, kissing my lips sweetly. "I will always come back."

I pull him down for another kiss, willing myself not to cry over his departure. I've done enough already. I know he'll come back to me but six weeks is a long time, not to mention how he might be shipped off a month later to God knows where and might not return.

I sniffle back my tears and try to stay positive. I repeat the words in my head that my GP left for me.

"When your world begins to crumble, stand tall like how your mother told you stand as a child. Shoulders back, chin up. You will not crumble down with it."

I take a deep breath, breathing in the scents of the airport around me: cleaning supplies, old food in the trash can, body odor, and coffee.

I kiss Sebastian again, pressing my lips hard against his and try to memorize this feeling so I can hold it with me for the weeks to come.

In only six weeks we will be in the same position but reversed. We'll be in the airport but we'll both be smiling, holding onto each other for dear life so neither of us slips away again. We'll kiss each other hello and go home, hand in hand.

Only six weeks. I can do it.

"I'll be here when you come back," I mumble against his lips.

Over the intercom the lady announces Sebastian's seat number, telling us he's ready to board.

We kiss again three times, not able to fully leave each other yet.

Eventually the time comes when Sebastian needs to leave or risk losing his seat on the plane. "I love you Sadie," he says sincerely.

"I love you Sebastian," I repeat. "I always will."

He kisses me forehead. "I'll come back to you."

Then he turns around, letting go of my hand and board the plane. Before he steps into the gate he looks behind him to me. He winks and sends me a kiss.

At that moment I can't help but remember the first time I met him, with his cocky grin, bright blue eyes, and piercings covering his face.

I wave goodbye to him as my Dad comes to stand by my side, throwing an arm over my shoulder. Sebastian nods to my Dad before turning around for the last time.