Chapter 9 [It's All Your Fault]

Dirk paced back and forth in front of Dave's door. The current state he had just seen him in angered, and worried him. Dirk's pacing became faster and his expression filled with more concern.

It had been fifteen minutes. He wanted to give Dave some time to calm down and figure out what he was going to say. Dirk wanted him to be calm, so he wouldn't lie. Secretly, Dirk was also trying to figure out what to say.

Five more minutes passed and Dirk had finally had enough of the waiting. Dirk walked to the door, and twisted the knob hard. It was locked.

"Dave! Open this door now!"

No reply.

"Dave, I'm not playing! This is serious!," shouted Dirk. He was honestly terrified now, tearing up only slightly. He twisted and pushed on the door knob for several minutes. Finally, the door gave.

No sign of Dave. Dirk looked around frantically. He walked over to his desk, where he spotted a quickly scrawled out note, eyes scanning over it quickly. A single tear rolled down his left cheek.

Dirk fell to his knees, tears flowing now. He grabbed at his hair, tugging hard. Dirk hung his head, his muffled sobs, followed by deep intakes of breath, filled the room.

"How could I let this happen.." Dirk thought to himself. His sobs soon turned to screams. He screamed until his voice gave out.

Dirk fell on his side, still tugging his hair. Tears hit the floor beside him. Dirk sobbed, whispering to himself as if Dave was still there. Like Dave would walk in and reassure him that everything would be alright.

A minute later, reality hit. Hard. "Oh my god..," whispered Dirk. He realized Dave wasn't coming back this time. He realized he wouldn't just walk in that door, and Dirk having to watch over him. He realized he had just read his brothers suicide note.

Dirk whispered the last few words to himself.

"I love you.. Pleas don't ever forget that.."

The last part was cut off by a choked sob. Dirk felt a soft breeze on his back. He looked up, seeing the window was open. Dirk rushed to the window and began to climb out it.

Dirk's whole life lie in front of him, lifeless and unmoving. He fell to his knees, placing Dave's head in his lap. Dirk stared at him, not wanting to believe he was gone.

He leaned down and kissed his forehead, then his temple, then his cheek. Dirk softly planted kisses all along Dave's lifeless face. He wrapped him in a tight hug, not letting go for a while, tears dripping onto Dave's shirt.

Dirk laid Dave back in his lap, surveying him. He noticed the slits on Dave's arms, causing his death. Dirk lifted the arm to his lips, and softly planted kisses all along it, tears in his eyes.

"I love you."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dirk met John the same place he had met Dave. It hurt to know that Dave had been here without him.

John walked up to him, a smirk on his face. Dirk fought the urge to punch it right off, for now.

"So Dirk, here to tell me Davey's mine now?," John asked, smirk growing.

"No. I'm here to tell you he's fucking dead. You killed him," whispered Dirk, looking down at the ground. A tear rolled down his cheek, falling to the ground.

Johns smirk suddenly turned to a look of horror. "I what?," said John. Dirk only scowled.

"You know exactly what you did, are you happy now? Did you get what you wanted?," Dirk growled. He was beyond angry. It took every ounce of self-control he had not to beat the living shit out of the man in front of him.

John took a step back, horror still plastered across his face. "No.. No it wasn't me..," whispered John. Dirk's head suddenly snapped up to meet Johns.

"You took everything I ever cared about! You threatened him! You ruined him! And now, you've ruined me," Dirk's yell reduced to a whisper as he stared at the ground.

"Dirk I.." stammered John. "Don't! Don't apologize. it won't bring him back. It won't fix the fact you killed him. Have fun living with yourself the rest of you life, asshole,"

Dirk had one last thing to do before he let John go. John looked at him, despair in his eyes. Dirk took one good swing, hitting him right in the jaw, a sickening crack followed with the blow.

Dirk walked away leaving him on the ground, shocked, and in pain.

He put his hands in his pockets as he walked, tears clouding his eyes. He walked all the way around the park, trying to calm down. All he felt was pain, emptiness consumed him.

Dirk figured it was finally time he'd walk home, so he began walking.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dirk walked in the door. "Dave, I'm Ho..." Dirk was cut off by the sudden wave of sorrow. He remembered he had no one to come home to. He had lost everything.

Dirk walked past Dave's room, slowly closing the door. He didn't want to see it. He wished he'd just disappear and be with Dave again.

Dirk walked into his room, shutting the door, sickening sadness filled him.

"I miss you already bro. I wish you'd come back."

[A/N] huehue. So, I think the next chapter will be the last. Considering what I've written now, there isn't much more I can do with this fic. Reading thru the last chapter I actually cried. I hope I didn't make any of you cry XD. Deepest apologies if I did. Anyways thank you all so very much for the support you've given me. I'm sorry for my crappy writing quality but I guess it's okay. This fic would be nothing without you guys. I enjoy every comment. I enjoy every vote. I enjoy every read. Thank you all. Don't get too sad, there's still one more chapter. Don't forget to share, vote, and comment. I love y'all. (i have never used this kind of lingo before but I'm feeling kinda sassy.) Comment Buttermilk Biscuits if you actually read the whole authors note. ✌🏻✌🏻

~KeyAndCravat