[Chapter 8] Please Don't Take Him From Me

Dave stared at the ground, wide eyed, and breathing hard. John smirked, and walked away, leaving the boy in panic.

Dave clutched his chest. He felt his world come crashing down. Hot tears began to cloud his eyes. "This can't be happening," he whispered.

He didn't think he could take this. Dave fell to his knees, tears flowing down his cheeks. He stared at the ground below him, watching the tears hit the pavement. He wished the pavement would just swallow him alive.

A muffled sound came from behind him. Dave soon realized that the muffled sound was actually much closer, because it was coming from him. His screams filled the air around him. Dave covered his ears, not wanting to hear the horrible noise, but he couldn't stop screaming. His world had finally fell apart. All because of him. Dave screamed until his voice went hoarse, tears stains on his cheeks.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dave laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. Not like he could see much anyways, considering it was 4:30 in the morning. He thought about those horrid words John had left.

"I'll ruin everything you and Dirk have."

Dave whispered them to himself. The words left a sour taste in his mouth that made him want to vomit. He hated how John said them with ease. Like he would never even think about regretting it. It made Dave sick to his stomach.

Dave's eyes felt heavy with sleep, but his mind alive. All he could think about was the the possibilities. The "What If's." Dirk was everything to him. One thing could drive him away again. Their relationship has been treading on thin ice lately. One little thing could break them.

Dave's thoughts blurred as blissful sleep took him. The worries and fear left him. His face relaxed into a peaceful state. Dave knew it wouldn't last long.

*An hour & thirty minutes later*

Dave stirred in his sleep, face scrunched slightly in fear. He was having a nightmare. He had lost Dirk. Dirk said those words, those exact same words that shook Dave to the core, scared him beyond belief.

"Get away from me, I never want to see you again."

"I hate you."

Dave woke with a start. His heart raced as a tear rolled down his cheek. It made him furious that just a few words could break him like this, and they weren't even the ones he expected to hear from Dirk.

Dave shook himself and got up to walk to the bathroom. He stumbled a bit and steadied himself on the bedpost. He walked, a single tear stain on his right cheek.

Dave close the door softly, and flicked on the light. It hurt his eyes, as they adjusted to the sudden brightness flooding the room. Dave looked in the mirror. He looked tired, and hopeless. All emotion left his beautiful red eyes. He looked broken, lifeless. He looked dead. Like his life was stolen and now was just an empty shell left to roam.

Dave turned on the faucet slowly and let the water in the sink run cold, filling the sink only a little. He stopped the faucet and stared at the water. Dave dipped his hands in the water and began to splash some water onto his face.

He felt the cold immerse his face. He jumped slightly at the cold, but it felt nice on his hot skin. He continued to splash the water, until the water turn a little colder than room temperature. Dave let out the water in the sink and began to walk back to his room.

Dave slowly closed the door, the soft "click" of the lock turning slowly. He fell onto his bed, letting the darkness consume him, the thoughts slowly flooding back into his mind. He wanted them to go away. He wanted them to stop, but they only got worse as they went. He pulled at his hair, face scrunched in anger, and fear.
All he wanted was for the thoughts to go away.

Tears flooded down his cheeks as Dave got up, walking over to his bedroom door. He turned the lock, popping open the door, and shuffling into the kitchen. Dave walked over to a cabinet. The cabinet held a bunch of alcohol that belonged to Dirk. Dirk never let Dave have any, he was underage after all. Only occasionally when he had had a little to much.

Dave opened it slowly, not wanting the doors to creak. He slowly took out a bottle of vodka, and shut the cabinet doors. He didn't bother to get a glass, because quite frankly he didn't give a shit.

Dave rushed back to his room to drown his sorrows in the clear liquid. Dave sat down on his bed, staring at the bottle in front of him. He undid the cap, and took a small swig. It burned his throat, but he didn't care, as long as it made him forget about the horrid thoughts in his head, taking over his mind.

Dave took drink after drink, the thoughts slowly blurring until his mind became nothing. Half the bottle was gone, but Dave took another swig, and finally passed out.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"Dave."

"Dave, you awake yet?" There was a knock on his door. Dave made a noise that kinda said "Yea, but I'm kind of dead so please go away." No more knocks came after.

Dave's head was killing him. He tried to roll over, only to end up vomiting all over the floor. "Ugh, my god," Dave said, voice clearly audible, and hoarse.

"Dave! I know your up now, can I come in?,"

Shit. There was vomit every, he clearly smelt of alcohol, he look completely wasted, and a more than half-way drank bottle of vodka sit on his nightstand.

Dave looked up at the sound of a click, and the creak of a door.

Well, fuckity fuck fuck.

Dirk looked into the room, surveying his surroundings. Next, to the boy sitting in bed, completely hungover.

"What in the hell is going on here," said Dirk, controlled anger in his voice. Dave looked into his eyes and saw complete fury in them, which slowly shifted to pain, but back to anger in a flash.

"I...i..." stammered Dave, not knowing what to say. He couldn't tell him about the threat from John. That would certainly ruin everything.

"You better have a damn good excuse when I get back, Dave," said Dirk, slamming the door shut. There was venom in his voice that Dave had never heard before, and never wanted to again.

Dave freaked, and decided it was finally time. He scribbled down a note on a large sheet of paper, and ran over and locked his bedroom door. Next, he grabbed the remaining bottle of vodka and climbed out his window, onto the roof.

Dave sat and looked at the sky, cloudy and dark, exactly how he felt. He took a swig from the bottle. It made his stomach turn but he didn't care. He thought about all the times he had with Dirk.

Dave took the last few swigs from the bottle, tears in his eyes. He whispered to himself.

"I love you Dirk."

Dave smashed the bottle on the rooftop and picked out the sharpest shard, holding it out onto the large vein on his left wrist, pushing lightly, blood trickling out slowly.

"Please, don't ever forget that."

[A/N] Thank you guys so much for 2.02k reads. This story is coming to an end tho. Not yet, but soon. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Thank you so much. Ily. ]