[Chapter 7] You Wouldn't Dare

"I've never seen you so happy little bro," Dirk said. A small smile curved on his lips. Dave smiled and gripped Dirk's hand tighter. "Today's been a pretty good day so far," said Dave, looking up at Dirk. Dirk wasn't wearing his signature sunglasses this time. he was in a flattering red shirt, some dark jeans ripped at the knee, paired with some worn out converse and a black leather jacket. Dave admired the way the orange in his eyes brightened when Dave smiled at him.

"So, birthday boy, what cha' wanna do today?" asked Dirk. They strolled through the park, hand in hand. Dave had forgotten it was his birthday really. It felt like any other day, just brighter.
"Just..." Dave stammered, trying not to sound too cliché. He took a deep breath and sighed. "To just be with you," Dave whispered. Dirk's eyes brightened and he chuckled. Dave blushed and looked up at him, surprised to see a wide grin in the place of a smirk.

"Well, is there anything special you want to do, doll?"

Dave looked around, not sure of anything to do. He chuckled when he spotted something he thought would be cute.

"I want to ride the carousel with you," said Dave brightly. Dirk looked at him, a hint of surprise in his eyes. "You're kidding right?," asked Dirk. He slightly knew that he wasn't kidding, but he asked anyways. "Nope, now come on," snickered Dave, dragging him along to the carousel. Dirk stumbled but ran alongside Dave, a small smile on his lips.

Dirk pulled out the amount he needed and paid the fare for the carousel. Dave ran up to a white horse and slowly pulled himself on. A wide smile plastered Dirk's face. Dave turned around and grinned at him. "Aren't you going to get on?," asked Dave, still smiling. "Oh I suppose," said Dirk, hopping onto a black horse and gripping onto the pole.

"You know," said Dave, "This is kinda cute in a way." Dirk smiled and nodded his head softly in agreement. Dirk grabbed for Dave's hand and held it for a bit longer as they rode the carousel. They got off a moments later and began walking hand in hand again.

"Anything else you'd like to do, birthday boy?," he asked, a small smirk crossing his lips. "We could just go home," offered Dave. "I kinda want to relax for a bit." Dirk smiled and gripped his hand softly. "Anything for you."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Dave laid curled up on Dirk's chest, listening to the beat of his heart as Dirk played with his hair. Dave got up and went into his bedroom, reaching for his phone. One unread message appeared on the screen. Dave read it quickly.

John: Meet me at the small park by my house at 5:00. Don't be late.

It was almost close to five. He didn't know why John wanted to meet him but, he would find out soon enough. He was reluctant to go. Dave didn't have a very good past with John, and Dirk knew it. He threw the phone back on the bed and walked to the kitchen to slip on his shoes. Dirk didn't question where he was going. He figured he just wanted to take a small walk.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Dave walked with his hands in his pockets, slowly approaching the swings. He knew John would find him there. A few minutes pass. Suddenly John felt a pair of arms snake around his waist. A small kiss was pressed to his cheek. Dave jumped up and turned around.

"Long time, no see," said John, a smirk on his face. Dave gave him a nasty look. "Why am I here?," Dave asked, grimacing. "You know why you're here Dave. I want you back, and I'm going to get my way." Dave sneered and began to walk off. John grabbed his wrist and pulled Dave around to face him. "You're going to get punched if you don't stop," warned Dave. "I'm done with you. We're done. I told you a long time ago to not even try," explained Dave, the sneer still on his face. "And I.." Dave was cut off by a harsh kiss. John had him pushed up against a brick wall. Dave shoved him off. "Look, Dave," John said in a harsh tone. Dave didn't like the way he said his name. "You're going to take me back. You're going to be mine again." Dave answered in an aggravated tone, "And if I don't?," John smiled, anger in his eyes.

"I'll ruin everything you and Dirk have."

[A/N] Sorry for the late update. I hope the chapter is okay. I'd like to thank you all for 1.6k reads. It means so much to me. Thank you so much.]

~KeyAndCravat