Chapter 27 ~ Family Fued

>>||Lucifer's POV||

We searched for what seemed like hours, but I checked and it was only twenty minutes. My heart was racing as I searched every corner of the building, and multiple other buildings around this one. I couldn't get the image of my brother and the girl I love out of my mind. It made me want to vomit. Anyone else touching her made me want to vomit. And commit multiple homicides.

Kate and I met up back on the roof. She rushed over to me. "Lucy we have to call Miss Molgiath for a new update on where they are," she stated while pulling out her cell phone. My brain was too distracted to come up with a better idea, so I just nodded and wiped the beads of stress-sweat from my face.

In a few seconds Kate had Miss Molgiath on the phone, and was asking her where Anna was now. Miss Molgiath said something that I barely heard, but I think it was. "Unreachable." Is Anna dead? My heart started racing and I slunk to the floor, hanging my head between my knees. "I can't do this Kate." I whispered as she hung up the phone with an 'okay.'

She came to sit beside me, and put a hand on my back to comfort me. "Lucifer it's okay well find her," she said while rubbing my back. For someone so small, she was strangely comforting. "But how are we going to do that, they can't trace her chip? She could be dead for all we know. Isn't that the only way we wouldn't be able to locate her?" I look up at the small blonde girl sitting beside me. She was being so helpful and thoughtful, I began to regret treating her and all my other housemates so horribly. I just couldn't let them in.

"Actually. . ." Kate pulled her hand off me and raised it to her chin, in deep concentration. "Actually there might be one place where nothing can be traced." She looked at me and smiled.

She meant The In Between. The place where only angels can go, a room of pure white mazes that go on forever. It did make sense that they would go there if they felt threatened in anyway.

My eyes widened in realization. That's why their damn clothes were taken off - ". . . because they were just trying to get to The In Between." I jumped up and hugged Kate. "Thank you so much!" I squeezed her tiny body tightly, until she begged to be released. She wheezed. "Don't mention it Romeo." She looked up at me and winked. Was it that obvious?

"Okay we have to go there. Now strip boy," she demanded, as she turned around and started taking off her clothes. I did the same.

When we were both completely birthday oriented, we zipped up there as fast as we could.

I felt bad for hating my brother. I should have known that he was just trying to get her somewhere safe. I never really liked him that much, but he was the only family I had as far as I'm concerned. I had no father and no mother, they both abandoned me. Gabriel was all I had, and I should trust him.

>>||Analiese's POV||

After seemingly endless moments of Gabe yelling threats and me cowering behind walls with my hand plastered against my face, I heard a loud thump and Gabe suddenly stopped yelling.

My heart skipped a beat. Had he found me, and that's why he stopped yelling? I looked around franticly. I didn't see him, so what was that noise then? My emotions flooded when I heard an achingly familiar voice yell my name. I wanted to stand up and run to him, but I knew I couldn't do that with Gabriel still out there. I just had to let him find me.

>>||Lucifer's POV||

When we arrived I pulled on a sleeveless, white rope that was hanging on the wall. Kate did the same. I then looked around, and I couldn't see them anywhere. "Analiese!" I yelled loudly "Where are you!?" I got no answer.