Chapter 10

(Ezra pov)

When I come back to my consciousness, Jessie is sitting in a chair beside me, lost in thought. Everything comes back to me, saving Larissa and Jessie being hurt. And I remember how much I care.... I turn to the blonde beside me. "Jessie?"
"Ezra!" Her eyes become glassy and she starts crying.
"Why are you crying?" I ask, sitting up carefully, remembering my lightsaber injury. "I'm fine."
"I...Uh...." She stutters.
I have to tell her. I have to tell her how I feel, how much I care, even though I just met her.
"Jessie, what is it?" I ask gently. I place a hand on her shoulder. "You can tell me anything."
She looks at me, and I see her aqua eyes. They are so beautiful, just like her, especially with tears in them. I really want to tell her, but I don't know if...
"Ezra, I like you. Like, as more than a friend. You saved my sister's life. You saved my life! And I just... I just like you for who you are."
I remember how Crystal kissed me, how much I cared then too. Could I trust Jessie? Crystal betrayed me, but Jessie... I think that Jessie is different. If she were working with the Empire, I would have already been captured, Kanan and the crew would be dead and I would be a prisoner, and Larissa... I don't know.
I realize that I'm staring at her. She turns away. "I'm sorry, I never should have said anything."
I gently put a hand under her chin and turn her head back towards me. "I feel the same way."
Her eyes light up. "Really?"
I smile softly at her. "Really."
"I...I..." For once, Jessie is speechless. Her blue and green eyes are sparkling with surprise. "Your eyes... They're amazing," I say. Then I blush. Did I say that out loud?
"Yours too." She smiles. I did. "When I first met you, that was all that I could look at. Your electric blue eyes both scared and intrigued me, and still do." She laughs. I laugh with her. Her laugh is a pretty sound, something that makes me believe that she isn't always quite as tough as she seems. I stand up and squeeze into the chair beside her.
"Well, I'm glad that they didn't scare you off."
"Nope. And can I be honest with you? I'm not sure that I'm going to go back to Capital City. I love being here with you and the Ghost crew. You guys are like the family that Larissa and I haven't had since..." She trails off. Then looks at me and takes a deep breath. "Since our parents were killed by the Sith."