Chapter 8

(Ezra pov)

"Ezra!" Someone, a female, shouts.

When I come to, the Inquisitor is standing over an unconscious Jessie, watching her arm bleed. Larissa charges at him, a purple lightsaber in her hand. I can feel her anger vibrating off of her. The Inquisitor feels it too.

"Good, good. Use your anger!"
"Larissa, don't!" I call, shakily standing up. She stares at me. "Ezra! Are you alright?"
"Yeah, just a sore head." I rub my head where the Inquisitor hit me with the but of the rifle. I spot my lightsaber hanging off of the Inquisitor's belt and use the Force to pull it to me. I ignite the blue blade.

Sabine is firing at Agent Kallus, and she has found cover behind some old crates to the side. Agent Kallus has a couple of stormtroopers with him, but most are lying on the ground, dead or unconscious. We are in an Imperial shipyard, I notice. The Inquisitor must have captured me and brought me here! Good thing my friends arrived.

"Oh, the Padawan's awake. Good. I can capture all three of you at the same time and if Agent Kallus cannot kill the Mandolorian, I will do it myself." the Inquisitor charges at me. He activates the double blades of his lightsaber and throws it at me. I dive to the ground and the lightsaber whizzes over my head and returns to the Inquisitor's hand.
"So persistent," my enemy says as I stand up again, lightsaber in hand.
"Yeah well, I'm not really ready to die," I lock blades with him, Larissa locking blades on the other half of the Sith's saber. We both push as hard as we can, but I give out and land on the ground. Larissa leaps to cover me as my lightsaber lands on the ground, far away from me.

I watch Larissa as she fights. She parries both of the red lightsaber blades, and manages to throw kicks and punches in her fighting style. She looks at me and mouths, Get to Jessie.

I nod and crawl over to her unconscious sister. Her arm has created a pool of blood on the ground beside it, so I tear off my sleeve of my orange jumpsuit and tie it around her arm, hoping to stop the blood flow.
"Jessie?" I whisper. Her aqua eyes flutter open. "Ezra? What... What happened?"
"I'm honestly not quite sure. But we have to get out of here." I help her to her feet, and she grabs at her injured arm and winces in pain. Still, she turns to me and asks, "Are you alright?"
"I'm fine, just a headache. After I called to you and Larissa through the Force, the Inquisitor smashed me on the head with the but of a stormtrooper's rifle. Then he must have brought me here."
"We were trying to rescue you. You were unconscious," she says. I drape her un-injured arm around my shoulders and grab her waist. "Yeah well, so were you. Come on, we need to get out of here."

I begin to help her towards the exit. Sabine spots me, and leaps over to us, still firing at Kallus and his bucketheads. "Jess, you alright?"
"The Inquisitor slashed me on the arm with his lightsaber, but I'm okay. Ezra stopped the blood flow," Jessie replies, still holding her bloody arm.
"You'll need stitches," I tell her. "That cut is pretty deep."
She nods, pain in her eyes.
"Okay guys, I'll take Jessie back to the Phantom. Ezra, go get Larissa!" I nod and race back to the lightsaber duel, grabbing a lightsaber along the way that must be Jessie's. I also use the Force to grab my lightsaber.
"Larissa, let's go!" I shout. Larissa, in the midst of another locked blade, breaks off her attack and we flee. The Inquisitor chases after us.
"There is nowhere to run, Jedi!" He yells as we reach the Phantom. Sabine and Jessie are just getting on board.
Larissa climbs on, but the Inquisitor throws his lightsaber at her. I lunge in front of her and receive the lightsaber. It slashes my chest and I scream and hit the ground; the last thing I hear is Jessie and Larissa screaming my name.