*28*

*Phil's POV*

Once I got out of the treehouse I ran to the only place I could think of.

The grotto where Dan and I had first kissed was quite far from the treehouse now, but it was within walking distance, so I didn't mind. While Dan was asleep one day, Chris, Marlhy, and I carved another entrance into it that was more easily accessible, so we could reach it more quickly.

When I arrived, I immediately began sorting through the rocks around the centre pond. I found big jagged ones, tiny concave ones, and basically every other kind of rock besides the kind I was looking for. After about a half hour of searching and at least four bleeding knuckles, I took a break.

It wasn't until I reached the big rock Dan and I had sat on all that time ago that I caught a glimpse of something. I don't know how I hadn't seen it before, because it stuck out quite a lot. The object was light grey and smooth all over, basically blending it into its surroundings. However, this particular one had a bright blue aura that grew dimmer as I approached it. Bending down and inspecting the stone revealed to me a series of runes carved into the sides of the rock. I scooped it up in my arms and began to waddle back home.

*Dan's POV*

Before I fell asleep last night, Phil told me he was turning me into a fairy.

I didn't even know that was possible.

He detailed to me that Marlhy had a potion recipe that she was having him craft. Once he completed it, they'd feed it to me and I guess I would turn into a fairy, however that worked. Phil didn't know the whole recipe, as she was only giving him one reagent to find at a time. Apparently, fairies didn't have to eat or drink, and they could only injure their wings, so I would be healed completely. 

It had started to get dark, but Phil had left earlier and wasn't back yet. Or I though he wasn't, at least, because I heard his muffled voice and footsteps treading towards my door. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep, as I wanted to know what he would do if i wasn't conscious.

Phil, surely enough, opened the door. Both of his hands were bandaged, I noticed through my barely open eyes, but I couldn't frown or ask why they were. Upon noticing I was asleep, he stared at me lovingly before smiling and turning to walk out. Before he did, he noticed my bag sitting across the room from the bed I was in. I guess curiosity got the better of him, or maybe he just wanted to unpack for me, so he crept back in the room and over to it.

The first thing I saw him pull out was the gift box. Shit, I thought. That wasn't meant for him yet. He eyeballed it curiously for a few seconds before shaking his head and putting it aside. I let out a quiet sigh of relief, which Phil thankfully didn't hear.

Next, he recovered my llama gear, at which he giggled at ever so slightly. He hung my llama hat over one of the posts on the headboard of my bed, and put my llama plushie beside me in bed. 

Phil then removed my earbuds, which he folded nicely and placed on my bedside table. He put my socks in the drawer, along with my shirt and jeans I packed. Finally, he disappeared from the room with my waterbottle for a few minutes before returning with it, I assumed full. He placed it on my bedside table as well.

But, I noticed he kept looking back at the gift box. I didn't know if I was ready for him to open it, but I guess I had to make up my mind, because it seemed like he was going to open it. As he pulled the top off, my eyes shot open. "Phil?" I snapped.

He quickly turned to me and pushed the lid back on, his face red. He looked like a child caught taking a cookie without permission. "I'm so sorry Dan, I was just curious, I shouldn't have done it please forgive me-"

"Phil, stop," I brought my voice to a calmer tone, "it's really alright. Give it to me, please."

Phil brought the box to me and helped me sit up on my bed. "Phil," I started, looking deeply into his eyes, "you mean everything to me. You are my entire world, you are the sun, you are the moon, you are the air I breathe. I didn't have time to think of a sappy speech to give you, so I'm just going to present it to you now."

I lifted the lid to reveal a simple silver band, glinting ever so slightly in the light of the candle beside me. Phil gasped and covered his mouth, tears forming in his eyes. "But-but-"

"Phil, I'm not proposing to you, don't worry," I assured him. "It's a promise ring. I promise to stay by your side for as long as I can, and I will continue to support you as long as I live."

I picked up the ring and slid it onto Phil's finger. He let a tear drip down his cheek and hugged me tightly. A bit too tightly, actually, and I flinched, but he let up his death grip for a more gentle one.

"I love you, Dan," he choked out.

"I love you too."

OH MY GDIO IFBT FEELS