*7*

Dan's POV

Everything went black.

It was silent.

All I remember is PJ, and Phil screaming, and then an absence of a branch, and then falling, falling, falling.

Now it's quiet. There's no Phil, no PJ, no Marl-

"PHIL! What happened to Dan?"

There's Marlhy.

I tried to sit up and prop my hands up against the ground, but a sharp burst of pain ran through my arm when I did. I fell back down to lay on my back again. I couldn't even bend my right leg at all.

When Marlhy noticed that I was awake, she quickly flew over to me. I opened my eyes to see that Phil was down from the tree. I assumed Marlhy had gotten him down.

"Dan!" Phil gasped, "You're alive! God, I thought I'd lost you, I never got to tell y...never mind. But you're alive!"

I blushed. He was worried about me? That made me feel so good about myself. Someone, besides Marlhy, really cared about me. 

As they lifted my broken body off the forest floor and carried me back to Marlhy's treehouse, I became lost in my thoughts. Phil was about to say something, something about whatever he was concerned he'd never get to tell me. I couldn't help but wonder what it was.

Suddenly, a wave of fatigue washed over me. "Tired." I mumbled, shifting to the side as far as I could without pain. I snuggled into Phil's chest and let sleep overtake me.