*21*

*Dan's POV*

The grove where we had first kissed had never looked so beautiful. Trees surrounding the clearing had grown more than I remembered, and so the only light was that of the sun streaming through the gaps in the leaves. 

He stood across from me. His hair black as night, just as I remembered. The light reflected off of it and made it look like his hair held all the stars in the sky. 

His eyes were deep blue and I swore I could see waves crashing inside of them. They looked at me with an almost pained expression, like he was holding back. 

His skin was white and milky. I reached out to touch him, and the skin I touched was softer than air and I wanted to float. 

"Phil..." I whispered, but he shook his head. Stepping in towards me, he leaned in and crashed his lips onto mine. 

At first it was as it always had been - magical. Beautiful. Meaningful. But then, something felt off.
Phil's skin grew rougher than I remembered. His back hunched over and I heard splitting. 

I couldn't open my eyes for a long while. He wouldn't break the kiss. 

My hands absently found their way to his hair, but it wasn't straight and silky. It was...

...curly. 

Shit. 

I pried my eyes open, tears forming in them from all of the effort. There, standing in front of me, was none other then PJ. 

He pulled away and smiled devilishly. His expression sent chills down my spine and I was speechless. 

From behind him I could see the real Phil, looking at us with a mixture of anger, horror, sadness, and disgust. I tried to speak, to yell, to tell Phil what had happened, but all that came out was a whisper so quiet PJ couldn't even hear it. 

Both boys opened their mouths to speak, and I expected to hear a mixture of voices, but all I could hear was Phil. The voice coming from them both was definitely Phil's, but it still pained me immensely. His speech was slightly garbled, but I could distinguish sobs in between words. He sounded broken, and I felt horrible. 

"Dan...Dan, why?"

I couldn't speak. PJ leaned in again, and before he could kiss me, I woke up to frantic tapping on my window.

YOU THOUGHT YOU THOUGHT

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

New chapter tonight I hope :)