*8*

*Phil's POV*

Dan slowly came to a while later. "M...Muh...Marlhy? Fuh...Phil? Where am I?" he grumbled, rubbing his eyes. It was impossible cute and I had to stifle a fangirl attack.

"You're in my treehouse, Dan. I had to use my magic to heal you." Marlhy started. She began explaining to Dan what he had broken, and what she had done. I couldn't pay attention, though, because I was thinking about what had happened earlier. To try to make it believable that I was listening, I nodded every once in a while, and whenever Dan looked at me, I would give him a weak smile.

Earlier, when he had come to after his fall, I almost let it slip. You know, the fact that I liked him. Like, liked him liked him. Thankfully, I caught myself, but I knew he had heard. Hopefully he hadn't remembered. I didn't think he would like me back, because I was fat and ugly and nobody else liked me, not even my mother. My own moth-

"Phil? You okay?" Marlhy snapped her fingers in my face, bringing me out of my trance. I nodded quickly and sniffed once. "Yeah," I said, "I'm fine." She didn't buy it, but she finished her thought quickly.

"Yeah, Dan, you'd better be thankful I healed you. It took all of my power and so now I'm very weak." 

Dan apologized softly, but she giggled like it didn't matter. I sighed. He was so very adorable, and I wished he was mine.

*Marlhy's POV*

A couple of weeks had passed since Dan had his accident, and it seemed that Phil had become a part of our friend group. Dan didn't seem the same without Phil, and Phil wasn't happy at all without Dan. It was kind of cute, actually. I thought they liked each other, and I was really curious, so one day I decided to ask Dan.

"Dan? I called out one morning as I saw him approaching the treehouse. Phil hadn't woken up yet, so I thought then would be the best time.

"Coming!" he yelled back as he broke into a jog to reach the tree. "Where's Phil?" he inquired as he stepped in to meet me. 

"Asleep, I think." I said. "I hope." I brought my voice down to a whisper at that point.

"What's up?" he asked, obviously curious and worried.

I decided to be direct. "Do you like Phil?"

This took him aback. "W-What? Like, like him like him?"

"Yes, Dan," I giggled, "Like him like him. Do you?"

"Uh, well, yeah. A lot, actually. But you can't tell him! He probably doesn't like me back!"

"Alright, alright, I won't. But will you tell him eventually?"

"Well, um, there's one thing. I don't really trust him. You know, because of what happened with Peej." Dan realized how loudly he was speaking and brought his voice down at the end. "I just don't know if he's a faerie or not. I want to be with him forever, but that's part of their spell."

*Phil's POV*

I awoke later than normal snuggled in the sleeping bag Dan had lent me. I had my sweatshirt rolled up in some shape and I was cuddling it like it was Dan, I presumed. It's the best I had, I guess, since Dan would never like me. Eventually I rose and stretched, and left the fort in a hurry while putting on my sweatshirt. 

I slowed to a walk as I approached Marlhy's treehouse - our new meeting place. I heard voices inside, which I assumed were those of Dan and Marlhy, but I hesitated and moved swiftly so I was just out of sight from the window. It was a little horrible of me, but I wanted to know if they were talking about me.

Their conversation switched volumes often, so I could only catch snippets of it.

The first: "Do you like Phil?"

My jaw dropped. Marlhy was asking the question I had wanted to ask for so long. I strained my ears to hear his response, but all I could catch was mumbling. Great, I thought, now I'll never know

Then, though, I heard another phrase. "Well, um, there's one thing. I don't really trust him."

I drowned out all the rest of what they were saying. Dan didn't trust me? What was there not to trust? 

My eyes filled with tears and I became overcome with rage and hurt. "What the hell?!" I yelled up, moving so they could see me. "You don't trust me? What the hell did I ever do to you?"

"Phil..Phil, no! You didn't hear everything! You don-" Dan started, but I cut him off. I didn't want to hear it.

"Fuck off, Dan." I screamed, and stormed back towards the fort. I could hear Dan sobbing loudly behind me, crying out only one word, probably the only one he could think of, but I didn't dare turn back. I was done.

"Phil!"

DRAMA OMG

Also it's been so long since I updated I'm so sorry loves

I'm gonna try to update at least one more time tonight and so yeah

It gets better I promise

Also can you all go listen to twenty one pilots rn because I love them and they make me so happy and their music is HELLA

Cool cool bye guys |-/ <3